• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions For 2 channel Poweramp

ugurozbala

Hi everyone,

Lost my cinema room in a fire and now i am rebuilding, currently have 5.1 setup with Marantz Cinema50+Definitive BP10s, Definitive BP8s, CLR2002, Klipsch SPL150 sub.
I would like to go 7.1.4 and need a power amp for BP10s.
For the same price level in my country, i was suggested JBL Synthesis S400 and Emotiva basx A300.

I am told that JBL Synth S400 is 20 years older than Emotiva A300 but was considered as a high level quality product and is better than the Emotiva A300. Do power amps have some kind of life expectancy? Should i ignore the OLD JBL and go with Emotivo?

Or maybe you guys can suggest another 2 ch power-amp. Thanks in advance.

deano454

Hi everyone,

Lost my cinema room in a fire and now i am rebuilding, currently have 5.1 setup with Marantz Cinema50+Definitive BP10s, Definitive BP8s, CLR2002, Klipsch SPL150 sub.
I would like to go 7.1.4 and need a power amp for BP10s.
For the same price level in my country, i was suggested JBL Synthesis S400 and Emotiva basx A300.

I am told that JBL Synth S400 is 20 years older than Emotiva A300 but was considered as a high level quality product and is better than the Emotiva A300. Do power amps have some kind of life expectancy? Should i ignore the OLD JBL and go with Emotivo?

Or maybe you guys can suggest another 2 ch power-amp. Thanks in advance.
If you can afford the Emotiva go for that , a 20 year old amp will probably need maintenance new caps or resistors

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What is your country? What is your budget?

Top Bottom