• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestion for DAC/AMP combo for speakers and balanced headphones

Koo

I currently have an old O2+ODAC combo device which has pre-amplified RCA outputs at the back. I use it to drive my Genelec 8020B speakers and various headphones. So far I've been really satisfied with it, but now I'm looking for something new that also has balanced XLR output for headphones and can still drive my speakers, preferably with an output switch. I would prefer a combo device but stacks are fine too. My budget is around 300 dollars, what is the best I can get with this money?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
DAC + preamp with XLR output for headphones for 300$, seems difficult.

t$$

I currently have an old O2+ODAC combo device which has pre-amplified RCA outputs at the back. I use it to drive my Genelec 8020B speakers and various headphones. So far I've been really satisfied with it, but now I'm looking for something new that also has balanced XLR output for headphones and can still drive my speakers, preferably with an output switch. I would prefer a combo device but stacks are fine too. My budget is around 300 dollars, what is the best I can get with this money?
I'm late to this party, but Topping EX5 is roughly in budget at $350 and is a wonderful upgrade from the O2+ODAC. It has XLR outputs. Only limitation versus O2 is that it doesn't have any analog inputs, but that's expected as with most all-in-one units.

Top Bottom