• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer help on Denon 3800h

Godataloss

I'm adding a third subwoofer (HSU ULS) to my home theater. It has dual balanced connectors and will be located along the front wall between my mains (nearer the right corner). I currently have a HSU VTF 3 (it has dual single ended connections, but I'm only using one) and an older HSU with a single, single-eneded connector on either side of a sofa on the rear wall of the room that is the MLP.

Currently the VTF 3 is connected to sub 1 and the other to sub 2. Should I just connect the ULS to Sub 1 with a balanced to single end converter and move the VTF 3 to sub 2 and the older sub to sub 3?

1698670179589.png

Is getting a 4th and trying the 'directional bass' thing worthwhile? Ultimately I think it's going to be a 7.4.4 setup, but I've yet to decide on how I'm going to do the height channel. Thank you for your or comments help. This is my first Atmos-able receiver.

Top Bottom