• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamdeck and DAC volume control

Pouyoux

Hello,

I'm using a Streamdeck + hooked to a window 11 PC using a SMSL DAC (D6-S) to drive my multimedia activity:

PXL_20240305_202026865.jpg

Everything is working fine except that volume control applies only on windows main volume, so if I use exclusive mode for listening music it's bypassed and sound is going full power.

So I'm looking into driving the DAC volume directly from the Streamdeck but I can't find a way/plugin to do it, can someone help me on this ?

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Unless you can find a way to send IR commands from your Streamdeck, I don't think you'll find a way to control your DAC's hardware volume directly.

However, if your DAC supports UAC2 hardware volume, then you could use your Streamdeck to send audio commands to your Windows PC, which in turn sends UAC2 Hardware Volume commands to your DAC.

The fact that using exclusive mode disables volume control, means that at least right now, UAC2 Hardware Volume control isn't working.

It's possible that you have to manually install SMSL's audio driver for UAC2 control to work.

It's also possible that the D-6s' just doesn't support UAC2 volume control, regardless of the driver.

OP
P

Pouyoux

Unfortunately streamdeck doesn't have any IR capability, it's hooked via USB and is able to drive operating system or devices through plugins : https://apps.elgato.com/plugins.

But I've searched UAC/DAC/Topping/SMSL in the volume control plugin list with no luck :(

I'm using SMSL drivers but I can try without them to see if something pops :)

Nethertheless thanks for your answer @staticV3

Top Bottom