• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stereophile's Jim Austin disagrees w Atkinson; says tubes have something that can't be measured

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
And the fact that if they are pushing them that hard, it won't be long till you have a kool lightning show inside the glass. :p
1704246439890.png

(my son's photograph, from high school or college days - getting to be a long time ago :eek:)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
(my son's photograph, from high school or college days - getting to be a long time ago :eek:)
Kool ! I remember building a type of Jacobs ladder for a 6th grade science fair.
I was kinda cheating using a Model T spark coil to generate the high voltage.
I remember some kid jerking off passing his pen back and forth thru the lightning until
he let the spark hit the metal point of the pen and it ran up the metal shaft to the thumb
button and knocked him on his ass right there in the school hallway with everyone laughing at him. LOL

Set-2-Antique-Ford-Motor-Model-full-1o-720:10.10-16139ded-f.webp

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Using the spark coil's not cheating at all! :)

We did some stuff in high school that would probably have gotten our (best) science teacher jailed nowadays... but he was a huge influence on me and I have no doubt his antics (i.e., some involving electricity) reinforced my lifelong love of the "hard' sciences. ;)

Top Bottom