• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stereo Amp + AVR. Youtube Video with Stereo Amp Audio Left/Right. Is this possible ?

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
if I use the x4800 with pm6007/8006 and front left/right connected via pre outs after calibration will there be a sound signature difference between the denon center and marantz left right ?

in above case the marantz will be used a power amp right with no software colouring of the marantz amp?
Yes if you do it sighted, no if do it in blind tests.

OP
R

rana_kirti

so some more reasearch and it seems now there are some options with HDMI arc in 2 channel amps.

so I'm thinking....

firestick 4k----avr----tv for 5.1 movies
firestick 4k----avr----tv---hdmi arc---2 channel amp music.

want to watch youtube video and send audio to 2 channel amp and also stream via Spotify on tv to 2 channel amp.

when I want to switch from avr to 2 channel amp can I setup a macro on the firestick remote the pro version which comes with 2 extra buttons so wherein when I press a button on it the tv audio output switches over to HDMI arc ?

SMc

Please show you have a speaker level switch between each speaker and the two amps. You won't have a two button solution but your chances of fire are greatly diminished. Perhaps the experts here can address the safety concern about a speaker connected to two different amps at the same time.

OP
R

rana_kirti

oh not yet, currently in planning stage rounding up all the equipment needed.

i have a v375 with a PSB image b6/c5/s5/SVS PC12 nsd 5.1 setup and weeks back got 2 pairs for PSB b5 bookshelfs for a total of 9.1 auro 3d layout.

I've always desired to have a separate setup for 2 channel as m a 50/50 person.

my plans are now shaping like this....

MOVIES

firestick 4k--x3800--preout L/F--integrated amp

MUSIC

firestick 4k--x3800--tv--optical out--integrated amp

in above case I guess I won't need a Amp switch box ?

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
oh not yet, currently in planning stage rounding up all the equipment needed.

i have a v375 with a PSB image b6/c5/s5/SVS PC12 nsd 5.1 setup and weeks back got 2 pairs for PSB b5 bookshelfs for a total of 9.1 auro 3d layout.

I've always desired to have a separate setup for 2 channel as m a 50/50 person.

my plans are now shaping like this....

MOVIES

firestick 4k--x3800--preout L/F--integrated amp

MUSIC

firestick 4k--x3800--tv--optical out--integrated amp

in above case I guess I won't need a Amp switch box ?

If you haven't bought an integrated yet, since you desire to have separate setup for 2 channel music, why not just skip the integrated and go separate? Even midrange amps (most) have specs that guarantee transparency, power output becomes the most important spec and you will get more watts per $ with power amps than integrated amps.

If the reason for going with integrated is because you think it will "sound better" than using the AVR's pre outs, then you should get an integrated that has HT bypass, otherwise yes you do need some sort of switch box.

Top Bottom