• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker suggestions for keyboard

ckorangy

Hi,
I’m looking for some suggestions for a speaker setup. I have a custom MIDI keyboard on the way that is geared towards recreating the feel of an actual piano. It has no internal sounds so it’s connected to my computer where I have my piano sample libraries.

I am debating whether to go down the monitor route or the bookshelf speaker route. It would be in a bedroom (haven’t moved yet so don’t have exact dimensions). Secondary use would be for playing music, nothing super loud or thumping dance music.
Something with a low noise floor and that sounds good at low levels and that doesn’t take up a huge space. Will be filming courses also so aesthetically pleasing would be a bonus.

I’m looking to spend 1.5 to 2.5k for speakers and other equipment but could push higher to 3K if needed.

Any feedback welcome, thank you!

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
$1000 with amp and easy connectivity.

Top Bottom