• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sound card and headphone AMP with optical inputs

Blujackaal

Since I'm getting loud static from my PC, Would optical cable stop that noise totally?. I don't have a optical out on my motherboard but I'm trying find a £50 sound card with toslink ports and use a PCI-E extender to avoid my 1080ti. Is there any headphone amp with a toslink input?.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Is there any headphone amp with a toslink input?.

You probably want a DAC with headphone amp that has an optical input.
An amp can never have a TOSLINK input.;)

One would expect an optical input to stop the noise, just like a real USB isolator would and perhaps a line-level audio transformer could when it originates from the PC power supply.

Trying to ground devices a bit better (not so easy sometimes) may be the first step to try without making any investments.

OP
B

Blujackaal

Hard to test that without checking if it our house the cause or my PC. It only awkward because they didn't tell they used a common small motherboard that had no toslink or had a sound card too close my GPU that not toslink out. But i already found a sound card with toslink output and a 1x PCE-E so i can install it in very bottom area of my case.

Inc a DAC with toslink input.

Last edited:
Top Bottom