• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Solid Snake-Oil Storage: This SSD Is Aimed at Audiophiles

OP
raistlin65

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah well, some audiophiles seem to be so focused on the dreaded mythical creature called "digital glare" that they see it in everything and anything. I wouldn't be surprised if the normal alternating high/low structure of a cooling profile makes them anxious :D

Maybe they need an audio polarizing filter to get rid of that glare. lol

Stereolab42

The original thread is here.

Priceless entertainment.
This sort of thing weirds me out more than reading about people espousing the benefits of audiophile crystals precisely because computer nerds should be more logical about this. I sincerely hope none of the people participating in that thread are responsible for programming airplane tilt sensors, medical robot RPM governors, or nuclear weapon activation code checking algorithms.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This sort of thing weirds me out more than reading about people espousing the benefits of audiophile crystals precisely because computer nerds should be more logical about this. I sincerely hope none of the people participating in that thread are responsible for programming airplane tilt sensors, medical robot RPM governors, or nuclear weapon activation code checking algorithms.
I suspect they are less computer nerds, and more audio nerds with just enough computer knowledge to be dangerous (to their own wallets)

Holmz

Major Contributor

They use deep state drives, not Solid State Drives.

Holmz

Major Contributor
they could be just people with money and updatetosclerosis. most of us have been there, the point where we tweak more than listen to music. at some point it becomes a desease. what do you do when you allready have all the high end gear?

Be a patron to a quartet, band, etc.

tuga

Major Contributor
So what? I can sell you a pile of rocks, and tell you exactly what kind of rock they are and where I found them, and also claim al kinds of magical properties these rocks poses. According to you, I’m not fraudulent..

Of course not.. I also won’t tell you how my magical rocks work.

Yes! I personally tested my pile of rocks. They are way better than any other rocks you may find.

Doublespeak..

Yes, all of these things are specially designed to fool people into buying this shit.

Yes it’s different. For one, the stakes are much higher. Secondly, those pies actually taste differently. As for the lite beer.. that is probably a harder argument. At least it tastes different as well.

Point is: these products do absolutely nothing and thrive by marketing (paid reviews etc) and the gullibility of ignorant buyers.

Is this legally fraud? Probably not, but morally: most definitely.

Still wanna buy my rocks?

What about claims made by the Church?
They truly believe in their claims, but many are not possible.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What about claims made by the Church?
They truly believe in their claims, but many are not possible.
What about them? Why would one treat those claims any different?

tuga

Major Contributor
What about them? Why would one treat those claims any different?
Do they treat them any differently?
Or is it just an audiophile thing, this indignation and obsessive quest for truth and telling people they’re gullible fools? Audiophiles in both camps are clearly OCD’ed, that’s a given...

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do they treat them any differently?
I have no idea, I can only speak for my fallible self.
Or is it just an audiophile thing, this indignation and obsessive quest for truth and telling people they’re gullible fools? Audiophiles in both camps are clearly OCD’ed, that’s a given...
Clearly you’ve never seen any YouTube videos from the atheist community (if there is such a thing).

tuga

Major Contributor
I have no idea, I can only speak for my fallible self.

Clearly you’ve never seen any YouTube videos from the atheist community (if there is such a thing).
It’s a good thing I avoid YouTube then...

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s a good thing I avoid YouTube then...
Sure, if you wish to stay ignorant. Also, it can be rather amusing at times. One could make the same argument for this place.

Top Bottom