• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD!!!Ascend SIERRA-LX PAIR $1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

djw.cloud

Ascend SIERRA-LX PAIR

Black Piano Gloss

Hi Audio Science Review

I am selling my Ascend SIERRA-LX speakers : (

I have had them for about 6 months and loved them, they are in mint condition. Selling because I need the cash flow, and will not be home much to listen to them for the next several months. I Will eventually be moving to the tower version around Christmas.

These replaced a pair of Revels and have never been moved since.

I am the only owner and they are in mint condition.

Payment is via PayPal and shipping is included to continental US.

Attachments

• IMG-1020.jpg
    IMG-1020.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG-1011.jpg
    IMG-1011.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG-1016.jpg
    IMG-1016.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG-1018.jpg
    IMG-1018.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG-1023.jpg
    IMG-1023.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 251
OP
D

djw.cloud

Hi Narek

My apologies I forgot to take this down. I sold these a few weeks ago. Great speakers which I preferred over Armins favorite.

JackFX

How did you feel about these compared to the revels? I am debating between the two, I like that the revels sound very relaxed.

JLGF1

JLGF1

It looks like it answers my questions where some people have that perceived harshness. I tend to dislike that as well so it sounds like it should be the revels for me.

I find it incredulous that people come to ASR where measurements are highly emphasized and then rely on anecdotal instead.

Ascend Sierra-LX vs Genelec 8341A.jpg
ASR bookshelf recommendations based on Olive score SMALL.jpg

Ascend LX vs Revel M106.jpg

JackFX

I find it incredulous that people come to ASR where measurements are highly emphasized and then rely on anecdotal instead.

View attachment 307303View attachment 307304
View attachment 307321
I saw the measurements. I don't like the boosted tweeter response at the top end. And the preference score is within range especially with subwoofer that is is not statistically significant. So yes I enjoy the anecdotal evidence of "harshness". Also there is more to a speaker than a frequency response graph, and no I am not talking about things you cannot measure.

JLGF1

I don't like the boosted tweeter response at the top end.

Where is the "boosted tweeter response"? Because one speaker rolls off sooner doesn't follow that the other is "boosted", just like it doesn't mean that on the low end, either.

Ascend LX vs Revel M106 on-axis.jpg

BTW, the LX is in a dead heat with the 3X more costly Genelec and that is without the sub additive. In terms of low-end compared to the Revel M106 it is no contest.

Also there is more to a speaker than a frequency response graph,

Sure, have you heard both?

JLGF1

How did you feel about these compared to the revels?

The OP states that the LX's replaced the Revels so presumably favorably?

JackFX said: So yes I enjoy the anecdotal evidence of "harshness".

Nowhere in that thread is the treble response referred to with the term harshness. It sounds like you prefer a recessed response (non-flat).

Last edited:

JackFX

The OP states that the LX's replaced the Revels so presumably favorably?

JackFX said: So yes I enjoy the anecdotal evidence of "harshness".

Nowhere in that thread is the treble response referred to with the term harshness. It sounds like you prefer a recessed response (non-flat).
Let me preface this with I say this with your best interests in mind. Please go outside. Get off the internet forum. You quoted twice, 10 minutes apart, to try and drill me about a speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom