• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ascend Acoustics - ELX Towers or Sierra EX + a subwoofer?

Humon

They also have a ridge around the edge.
True, but they also have a beveled insert built into the grills that helps to deflect sound from the ridge. Wharfedale says that for best performance the grills should be used. Too bad they are such a nightmare to remove.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
True, but they also have a beveled insert built into the grills that helps to deflect sound from the ridge. Wharfedale says that for best performance the grills should be used. Too bad they are such a nightmare to remove.
I would expect something was done to minimize diffraction and considering the design it would seem the grills should stay on. Now compare that with the bulging bare front of LS50's.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, Erins NFS measurements also confirm that.

One of these days I might find a pair to audition. However, My LS50's (original) with L12 Subs work really well.
I had auditioned them a couple of times, very different tonality/character compared to the LS50, am curious about your impressions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom