• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL WMV D1se2 IR problem, anyone ?

Dmaumau

Hi Guys, I recently bought a SMSL D1se2 with the "newer' ES9039Pro and it sound amazing, a bit more yet thru the i2S connection.

But I am having a very annoying problem with the IR. Absolutely EVERY other remote control I use besides it´s own changes the dac inputs.

Even the autofocus of the cell phone triggers the damn thing and there it goes switching the dac inputs...

Did I mention it´s annoying as hell ?

Anyone here has this dac or any other SMSL or even any other IR controlled device and experienced something like that to this degree ?

I have also a SMSL M500 and it never occurred with it.

@SMSL-Mandy do you guys know something about this issue ? Any firmware update that could mitigate this ? (Still waiting for your answer regarding the M500 display replacement)

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Even the autofocus of the cell phone triggers the damn thing and there it goes switching the dac inputs...
Fascinating. I think most newer phones are not using IR to for auto focus any more - which phone is this?

Reynaldo

I recently bought a SMSL D1se2
I had this DAC and returned it because of numerous bugs and the quality that I didn't like.
The first devices that came out with this new chip, it seems like the project was rushed to launch.

They sent me FW to reinstall and it didn't solve the problem.
I thought it best to return the device.
I still have an SMSL DO200MKII that works perfectly without any bug.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dmaumau

I had this DAC and returned it because of numerous bugs and the quality that I didn't like.
The first devices that came out with this new chip, it seems like the project was rushed to launch.

They sent me FW to reinstall and it didn't solve the problem.
I thought it best to return the device.
I still have an SMSL DO200MKII that works perfectly without any bug.
Other than the problem described, the dac works flawlessly. Very good sound quality, specially by the i2s

Top Bottom