• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC problem

Cobretti

I bought SMSL DO200 MKII DAC. I have a problem that after I turn it on, the device does not work on the selected input, but I have to make a whole circuit and select the same one again. Sometimes I have to repeat it several times before it works. I note that the display says that there is a signal, but the device does not play before I do the above. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had a couple of them and never had the problem. SMSL DACs are really bad when it comes to Windows power management going into power saving mode with USB ports. Same thing did happen with a different SMSL model.
What I did to fix it was go to device manager and check all USB ports and hubs and uncheck the tab that's says power down this device to save power. Topping stuff can wake up well most times, but SMSL DACs have fits with USB power saving.

OP
C

Cobretti

I've had a couple of them and never had the problem. SMSL DACs are really bad when it comes to Windows power management going into power saving mode with USB ports. Same thing did happen with a different SMSL model.
What I did to fix it was go to device manager and check all USB ports and hubs and uncheck the tab that's says power down this device to save power. Topping stuff can wake up well most times, but SMSL DACs have fits with USB power saving.
My DAC is connected to the optical output of the internet radio. It has nothing to do with USB and Windows.

Top Bottom