• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL P0100 or similar

Moctear

Hi. I need a digital to digital converter, in order to connect my laptop or smartphone (usb) to a pair of Edifier S2000MKIII (toslink or coax). After a long search, I've found SMSL P0100 to fit my needs, but this device is no longer available (only the Pro version is - but is more expensive because has a DAC also wich I don't need).
The question is - is there a similar device at the same budget available?
Thank you!

OP
M

Moctear

My smartphone for streaming (Tidal) is older and does not have usb type c. I think it has micro usb. Can this dongle still work on my phone?

staticV3

Master Contributor
My smartphone for streaming (Tidal) is older and does not have usb type c. I think it has micro usb. Can this dongle still work on my phone?
With a Micro USB OTG adapter, it should work just fine.
51P3bnmp9UL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Roland68

Major Contributor
Hi. I need a digital to digital converter, in order to connect my laptop or smartphone (usb) to a pair of Edifier S2000MKIII (toslink or coax). After a long search, I've found SMSL P0100 to fit my needs, but this device is no longer available (only the Pro version is - but is more expensive because has a DAC also wich I don't need).
The question is - is there a similar device at the same budget available?
Thank you!
You're confusing something. The PO100 is the more expensive version with DAC and the PO100 Pro is the cheaper version with multiple interfaces but without DAC.

Unfortunately, I don't know which country you come from, but the PO100 Pro is occasionally available on Amazon DE and in other EU countries as "used - like new" for around € 45.
If not available, the PO100 Pro will be restocked within days or weeks.

OP
M

Moctear

You're confusing something. The PO100 is the more expensive version with DAC and the PO100 Pro is the cheaper version with multiple interfaces but without DAC.

Unfortunately, I don't know which country you come from, but the PO100 Pro is occasionally available on Amazon DE and in other EU countries as "used - like new" for around € 45.
If not available, the PO100 Pro will be restocked within days or weeks.
This is a copy/paste from this forum - S.M.S.L released earlier this year the PO100, a tiny and fairly cheap USB to S/PDIF interface. Later in 2022, they launched the PO100 PRO and PO100 AK. The PO100 MSRP is 39$, but this one seems to be discontinued by the time of this writing. PO100 Pro costs 69$, while PO100 AK is priced at 89$.
The pro version is available on Aliexpress, brand new, but is around 70$.

Roland68

Major Contributor
This is a copy/paste from this forum - S.M.S.L released earlier this year the PO100, a tiny and fairly cheap USB to S/PDIF interface. Later in 2022, they launched the PO100 PRO and PO100 AK. The PO100 MSRP is 39$, but this one seems to be discontinued by the time of this writing. PO100 Pro costs 69$, while PO100 AK is priced at 89$.
The pro version is available on Aliexpress, brand new, but is around 70$.
You're right of course, I meant the PO100 AK with the DAC. I didn't even have the old PO100 on my radar anymore.
I just noticed that you wrote (only the Pro version is - but is more expensive because it has a DAC so I don't need it) and it doesn't have a DAC.

I use several of the PO100 Pro and can only recommend it. The currently installed XMOS XU316 is unbeatably good.

Top Bottom