• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Setup for condo

shmish

I'm moving into a new condo soon and I would like to decide on my new audio setup. My livingroom is about 10'x10' and this room extends into the dining space and kitchen, which takes up another 10' x 20'. My current idea is to get a new wall mount tv and use it with my Bryston B60 amp and PMC PB2 speakers. I want a steamer here as well. Secondly, I'd like a speaker or two in the kitchen/dining area.

I'm looking for advice on the speaker (powered or with an amp) setup for the kitchen/dining. What to get and where to put it. Secondly, I probably need advice on how to connect the tv to the Bryston (I'm not picky about sound for the tv to be honest).

Ideally I'd also like a speaker or two for my covered deck, it would be nice to have something integrated with my system, but not expensive. I may add something to the main bedroom as well, but I need to work out the other stuff first.

The pictures below show the living room from kitchen/dining area; the dining area; the kitchen; the floorplan which is reversed from the pictures. The furniture is not mine, this a staged condo. I think I would place the same things in the living room though. I was thinking that a good place for a speaker for the kitchen/dining is the open cabinet in the dining area (marked "DSP" in the floor plan). Maybe a single speaker. I'm very unsure of this though. Maybe a sub is needed somewhere in this system...

20231021_122619.jpg

20231021_122507.jpg

20231021_122447.jpg

2023_10_21 10_51 a.m. Office Lens.jpg

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
For the kitchen, maybe Genelec's 4435A or 4436A could be a solution?

They get both power and data from a single Ethernet cable, which should ease installation.

Here's a video of the 4436A: https://www.youtube.com/live/Cvf6D7YgU-A?t=927

It's expensive though (not sure about your budget).

Last edited:
OP
S

shmish

For the kitchen, maybe Genelec's 4435A or 4436A could be a solution?

They get both power and data from a single Ethernet cable, which should ease installation.

Here's a video of the 4436A: https://www.youtube.com/live/Cvf6D7YgU-A?t=927

It's expensive though (not sure about your budget).
Thanks. I was thinking of $400 to $700 for kitchen, maybe a bit more if I need to get a separate streamer.

Top Bottom