• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So your ears measure something else than air pressure differences? What is that then? And how does that get out of your speakers? And how do speaker designers design for this special thing that is not measurable?
I don't know about you; but I use powdered unicorn horn and fairy dust liberally.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I don't know about you; but I use powdered unicorn horn and fairy dust liberally.

I use it more conservatively, but I hope we can still get along. ;)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, I’m allergic to that :facepalm:. It always leaves me scratching myself everywhere for dayso_O

Lately though, I’ve started taking those new placebo pills. They seem to work really for these allergies :cool:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I use it more conservatively, but I hope we can still get along.
It is rare and expensive. Still, no audiophile designer can get along without it.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
D

Deleted member 48726

OK. Since I wasn't thinking of you with the original comment, yet you apparently volunteered, I just thought I would be polite and agree.
:facepalm:

Veils have been lifted in this thread IR to troll like behaviour.

Thank you for confirming.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
:facepalm:

Veils have been lifted in this thread IR to troll like behaviour.

Thank you for confirming.
I'm sitting under my bridge as we speak.

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This shark like feeding frenzy to condemn the uninitiated is unbecoming such a group of obviously intelligent and otherwise interesting fellows.

In spite of the fact that the prevailing attitude towards DACs here on ASR is likely accurate and provable, it is an exceptional position for the vast majority of people involved in the audio hobby. To immediately call anyone who pops in here a Troll simply because they share the opinion that is widely accepted outside of ASR is rude even if the widely held opinion is untenable.

Education is great, ridicule and contempt are not.

D

Deleted member 48726

This shark like feeding frenzy to condemn the uninitiated is unbecoming such a group of obviously intelligent and otherwise interesting fellows.

In spite of the fact that the prevailing attitude towards DACs here on ASR is likely accurate and provable, it is an exceptional position for the vast majority of people involved in the audio hobby. To immediately call anyone who pops in here a Troll simply because they share the opinion that is widely accepted outside of ASR is rude even if the widely held opinion is untenable.

I think it's clear that some individuals etiquette and behaviour is of a character which actually damages the very purpose of the site AND is directly responsible for some threads are toxicated and newcomers are purged out as fast as they came in.
It's NOT purposeful for spreading the message of objective HiFi we actually share the interest in.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert

Being incorrect generally results in polite correction. Doubling down and stubbornly refusing correction will usually result in contempt and justifiably so.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Prove it!

That we are honoured, that is. Not that they can jump 20ft - that is a given. :cool:
I read it on the internet. Several times. Could that many people be wrong?

Reactions: VQR

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
I
I think it's clear that some individuals etiquette and behaviour is of a character which actually damages the very purpose of the site AND is directly responsible for some threads are toxicated and newcomers are purged out as fast as they came in.
It's NOT purposeful for spreading the message of objective HiFi we actually share the interest in.
First, I wouldn’t call some 20 posts back and forth “immediately purged”. Secondly, I see that the poster “occupied” quite a few experts time and goodwill trying to help and educate before they justifiably lost patience. Thirdly, the poster has shown 0 willingness to really engage in a discussion. Lastly, I haven’t seen you trying to help the poster, so it is easy for you sitting on the sidelines and judging those who tried.
Just some food for thought.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Who needs newcomers whose very first act is to assert nonsense without evidence, and then, when politely corrected (twice), double down with worse nonsense? That’s just someone who wants to provoke or turn the forum into Audiogone.

I suppose one might argue that if we all immediately muted him that would be better. Perhaps, but I think it would just lead to the superbestaudiofriendifying of ASR.

Anyway, on a bit of a tangent, does this site have a proselytizing mission, or is it more of a community free of the nonsense of..almost every other audio site on the internet? Honestly I think of it as the latter. Proselytizing isn’t really going to work.

And, finally, I’m trying to recall who used the rather vulgar collective insult “circle jerk of superiority”…..

Last edited:
Top Bottom