• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Searching for an (DAC/AMP) Equalizer

MadLex

Im searching primarily for an Equalizer to spice up my sound for my Sennheiser HD660S.
Im not deep into audio stuff, so i dont know whether i even need a dac/amp or if a sole EQ would be enough. I just need one line of input for my headphones but id like as many differnt frequencies adjustable as possible. So far ive mostly come across 3-band eqs.
Any suggestions there? Would like to stay below 200€ but depending on how good the product fits my needs i may up to ~400€.
Thanks in advance! :D

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Im searching primarily for an Equalizer to spice up my sound for my Sennheiser HD660S.
Im not deep into audio stuff, so i dont know whether i even need a dac/amp or if a sole EQ would be enough. I just need one line of input for my headphones but id like as many differnt frequencies adjustable as possible. So far ive mostly come across 3-band eqs.
Any suggestions there? Would like to stay below 200€ but depending on how good the product fits my needs i may up to ~400€.
Thanks in advance! :D
Qudelix 5k.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's better to use an EQ app on the computer, instead of having an EQ on the DAC/amp.
Good point- I didnt even ask what the OP's source was

Yes- if a PC best to use something like Equalizer APO (free) , other options for phones/ tablets etc

The qudelix is a great little portable device that can also perform well on a desk etc but still perhaps easier to EQ at source.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I had the 660s a couple of times and they can be pretty tame sounding. I replaced the ear cup foam with a less dense sheet I cut to fit and it spiced them up just enough to be more fun. Some other people have used even thinner material on Sennheisers to lift the veil. Any hobby store has sheets, 1mm or 2mm or acoustically neutral foam can liven them up.

Top Bottom