• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Modius E vs Fiio K7 vs Topping E50 and more...

Wuanny

Hello everyone, I'm new here.
I'm trying to buy a DAC to match with my Sonus Faber Lumina 2 and just don't have the budget for expensive multi thousand dollar worth DACs; however, Schiit Modius E, Schiit Modi+, Topping E50, Cambridge audio Dacmagic 100, Loxjie D30 and Fiio K7(because of the dual chip) seemed to be a fine spend to use for couple of years.(I am a student with low budget). I liked the Schiit because it's a US company and has a pretty good reputation. But recently I found out that Chinese DACs are doing a great job for its price. I saw Amirm's measurements and figured Topping E50 and Fiio K7(this wasn't in his review) would be a great choice too. BUT some claims that the way they sound is more important than the measurements which Schiit audio does. I found Chinese DACs are sticking too much to the measurements. Which one would you recommendation for this situation? It would be great to know more great DACs under £300 (I am in the UK so..).

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
I’m truly happy with my Topping D30 Pro, but the DAC part of the FIIO K5 Pro is doing a great job as well. So I think the analog conversion of digital sources is a solved problem nowadays and any of the models you‘re talking about will sound the same, so I would choose based on features and price.

Reactions: GPJ
Top Bottom