• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 AD/DC Converter

OP
edahl

edahl

Alternatively I found a nice preamp with optical out that I could use with the RME ADI-2 DAC Fs. The babyface is after all almost as expensive as the ADI-2 DAC, and I just think the ADI-2 DAC is such a beautiful piece of kit.

OP
edahl

edahl

I have the older non-FS version and its been solid. @MC_RME can probably answer your question regarding the mic.
Do you have any big opinions on the Fs vs non-Fs one? I'm eyeing a used non-Fs one if I can get it at a reasonable price (whatever that is for a discontinued model of a used product).

dfuller

Major Contributor
Alternatively I found a nice preamp with optical out that I could use with the RME ADI-2 DAC Fs. The babyface is after all almost as expensive as the ADI-2 DAC, and I just think the ADI-2 DAC is such a beautiful piece of kit.
It doesn't support AES/SPDIF/ADAT to USB. Only the other way around. If you want record functionality out of an ADI-2, you need a Pro.

OP
edahl

edahl

It doesn't support AES/SPDIF/ADAT to USB. Only the other way around. If you want record functionality out of an ADI-2, you need a Pro.
That kills that dream, :p
Thanks for the info though!

Last edited:

Zensō

Major Contributor
Do you have any big opinions on the Fs vs non-Fs one? I'm eyeing a used non-Fs one if I can get it at a reasonable price (whatever that is for a discontinued model of a used product).
The FS measures better, but there’s no real difference in sound quality in actual use. The only practical difference is the new +19/+4 dBu switch on the bottom which allows you to reduce the output level if need be. Personally, I have no reason to upgrade from the older model to the FS.

Top Bottom