• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RIP Alan Arkin

OP
D

DACslut

He was certainly one of the most versatile character actors in cinematic history. I'm sure many people didn't know he was in the folk music band "The Tarriers" as their lead singer when they scored their only hit "The Banana Boat Song" back in 1956.

Barrelhouse Solly

When I was in high school in the early '60s my family lived north of Chicago. I listened to 2nd City records borderline obsessively. That's where I first encountered Arkin. He did some sketches with Barbara Harris that were much deeper than normal improve comedy. He was a wonderful actor, could do dramatic and comedy roles equally well.

Barrelhouse Solly

He was certainly one of the most versatile character actors in cinematic history. I'm sure many people didn't know he was in the folk music band "The Tarriers" as their lead singer when they scored their only hit "The Banana Boat Song" back in 1956.
I had no idea. I remember their cover. It was a top 40 hit when I was in 6th grade.

Top Bottom