• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

HerbDetective

As an update, my replacement NX4 DSD arrived and it's been working good so far. I wonder how common my experience has been among Topping NX4 DSD owners.

kdejaeger

So if I want to compare this with the sabaj da3 is at 52mW for balanced and 13mW unbalanced. The sabaj is pretty much the same if you order a balanced cable. Or is the 52mW also to be divided by 2?

kdejaeger

Could you help me with this, I don't see the values on the graphs. I don't understand this so well.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Could you help me with this, I don't see the values on the graphs. I don't understand this so well.
Whenever I show the distortion versus voltage, you can convert them to watts by squaring the voltage (read on horizontal axis) and divided by the load. That is what I have done in this graph for a couple of output loads:

index.php

I can have my instrument show these measures in watts but because the loads are different, I can't overlay them per above graph. This makes it more work but seeing how it is more useful, I have started to do that recently. Please ask if you have any other questions.

kdejaeger

I don't get it. And if I do that formula on the second cursor, I get this number: 2438.58674921 .

kdejaeger

HerbDetective I just read on an Amazon review you can reset the device by holding one of the buttons while plugging in the USB. Try that.

poimandres

I am considering ordering this over the ifi nano bl. Curious if those of you with lower impedance iems (I will be using the psb m4u-4’s and they are 16 ohms) experience any channel imbalance? If so when does it disappear?

Also wondering for those of you with iPhones what cable you are using?

poimandres

I broke down and ordered the NX4.

I also ordered a meenova lightning to micro 6 inch cable that is confirmed working with iPhones and the NX4.

I found another cable on eBay that is around 45 US shipped that the seller claims is made from an apple cck and is guaranteed to work with apple updates. It is a 90 degree cable and the photo is attached. If you search the text below on eBay it will pull up the auction.

6CE60E76-D62F-421E-893E-C2DFA565D1C0.jpeg

Top Bottom