• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Wolven

Note that EMS is also considered express/courier.

Ohh, well we will see, from what I have seen EMS is cheaper than those other guys. I will ask. thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

Jimmy

In many cases EMS is mostly the same as free shipping with tracking number, and for expensive items almost nobody will take the risk of shipping untracked.

Anyway they must only charge the amount that appeared when placing the order, that should include shipping costs, if that's not the case I would contact the seller/aliexpress.

Wolven

In many cases EMS is mostly the same as free shipping with tracking number, and for expensive items almost nobody will take the risk of shipping untracked.

Anyway they must only charge the amount that appeared when placing the order, that should include shipping costs, if that's not the case I would contact the seller/aliexpress.

Yes, I chatted with Aliexpress and they told me that the reason it shows more is because of the type of coupon I used.
However, they assured me in the chat and send me an email stating that I was only charged 168.99$.
So, all is good. :)

SiW

I had the same but figured it because of coupons. PayPal showed the correct amount :)

Wolven

Suddenly all the stores on Aliexpress have dropped the price! Aoshida has the most orders. It is trending to starting point of 184.79 before coupons.

That wall charger on the DX3pro is capable of working with 110V-120V right?

Stein

Will the DX3PRO come with a type C or F power adapter plug if I order it from aliexpress? Asking because I'm from the EU

kcajn211

Hello, 1st time poster. I own the Topping D50 purchased after reading Amir's review a few months ago, but am intrigued with the DX3PRO with the AKM dac chip. I am seeking opinions of whether I would hear much difference between Topping D50 and DX3PRO to justify a new purchase? Any feedback would be appreciated.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No, I would not trade one dac for the other. If you need the headphone amplifier then the DX3Pro is better since for the same price it includes that option.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Dear, how about SMSL panda stack
I have not measured it and they have hardly any specs on it so no way to know how well it performs.

kcajn211

Thank you Amir for the quick feedback. It amazes me with how quickly Topping has been with creating new products and features at very affordable price points.

jsmiller58

Forum Donor
No, I would not trade one dac for the other. If you need the headphone amplifier then the DX3Pro is better since for the same price it includes that option.
Thanks Amir. My current stacks are/will be D50/O2, DX7S/MD THX 789, and Monoprice THX 788 (assuming the latter gets your seal of approval).

The DX3Pro would only fit as a replacement for my D50/O2 stack and it doesn't sound like that makes sense based on what you have said here...

Please advise.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The DX3Pro would only fit as a replacement for my D50/O2 stack and it doesn't sound like that makes sense based on what you have said here...
I just took a look and with 300 ohm load, the O2 and DX3Pro amps are similar. At 33 ohm though the DX3Pro is much cleaner from middle to the end of its power band. If your headphone impedance is on the lower end, the DX3Pro should beat the D50/O2 combo. It is also much more convenient with a single very nice looking box.

Darwin

Just ordered the DX3Pro from Ali Express. $181.99 Really liking the NX4 I got.
I like the single box approach.
Looks like it will take awhile to get here.
I guess in a couple of weeks we will all be talking about our DX3Pro's :)

Last edited:

Felipe Torres

First post here. I've been reading Amir's reviews and measurements for about a year now and finally found a great DAC/amp combo that suits my needs. Got it from Aoshida on AliExpress for $167.79. It will probably take a month to get here (gotta love brazilian customs).

Merkurio

@amirm Do you have IEMs with impedances under 16 ohms to perform a test with that load?

I planing to use the DX3 Pro mostly with my IEMs but also with my Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee (150 ohms).

jsmiller58

Forum Donor
I just took a look and with 300 ohm load, the O2 and DX3Pro amps are similar. At 33 ohm though the DX3Pro is much cleaner from middle to the end of its power band. If your headphone impedance is on the lower end, the DX3Pro should beat the D50/O2 combo. It is also much more convenient with a single very nice looking box.
Thank you Amir. Ordered.

Hammondk

Thanks Amir,

I ended up buying through a local aliexpress group buy for like 10usd more but less headache to track it.

Stock will reach me before end of the month

Hammondk

Would it be conclusive to say that using LPS for this unit will only produce marginal but measurable benefit?

I was thinking of putting this into a compact soft case and bring to office on days that I need to really sit down and crunch through the day.

Top Bottom