• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

AndrewDavis

It is planned as a project. :)

Can't wait to see it. If the small volume reduction results in a SINAD in the top of the top quartile, combined with the low noise, etc...well that might be a world beating little tweak!

Fabio

I think @amirm has said a couple of dB so 112 dB. Right in the middle of the top quartile.

Last edited:

dropbear

I smell a perfect companion to THX789 while being a viable option to have simultaneously connected pair of active speakers to it - everything remote-controlled...oh my, my nipples, my nipples...

DeepSpace57

It's getting better :).
"Mid-Year Sale" starts in 2 days in many Chinese e-shops on Aliexpress. Topping D70 price will go down to 449 USD.
For example:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32959667114.html

I think I will wait a little longer and pull a trigger somewhere around 400 USD :D.

I believe it is hard to see such a price tag in the near future. It was for 425 USD at Massdrop a couple of days ago, though. Have you ever bought any hifi-item from those sellers before?

lke7777777

i just purchase d70,,, can i install d70 and d50 together in same pc to make a test between them..thanks

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I believe it is hard to see such a price tag in the near future. It was for 425 USD at Massdrop a couple of days ago, though. Have you ever bought any hifi-item from those sellers before?
If you use the Aliexpress handphone App, there is sale starting on the 17th.
As it is, there are coupon codes that should stack a total of US$46/- off that discounted price of US$449.9
So, if they are still valid then , you possibly can get the D70 for as low as US$$404/-.

Moriarty

I knew about Massdrop 425 USD offer, but I'm not one of these lucky USA citizens and since I live in Europe I must pay in this case for USA to EU shipment. If Topping sell by Massdrop for 425 USD, it's possible they will offer better price also for clients buying directly in Chinese e-shops, I believe.

And, as maxxevv mentioned, Aliexpress offer some promo coupon codes.

DeepSpace57

Yes, i have ali express app on phone; but could not find any code which is a total of US$46. I am so tempted to buy a D70 right know

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Yes, i have ali express app on phone; but could not find any code which is a total of US$46. I am so tempted to buy a D70 right know

Its a combination of coupons.

Its from this listing:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...f8-4d64-b245-1b2f038edf29&transAbTest=ae803_5

Anyway, I just checked, the combination I mentioned above is not possible as the $10 coupon will expire before the $36 combination is active.

It lists a combination coupon of $6 for every $65 spent. If you have the Aliexpress "Select Coupons", you can get a total of $36 off the total spent.
The sale list price is $449.99, so you can deduct a total of $36 off that, leaving a final discounted price of $413.99.

Considering that its free shipping and no extra hidden credit card fees, its a pretty good price imo.

Moriarty

I noticed there is no silver version on sale - bad luck, my amp and CD-player are silver. And Shenzen Audio (good shop one can trust AFAIK) ignore this sale.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I noticed there is no silver version on sale - bad luck, my amp and CD-player are silver. And Shenzen Audio (good shop one can trust AFAIK) ignore this sale.

You can check with these guys, they have it in silver and I have bought from them more than once before. I didn't have any issues with them as I never had a warranty claim. So how they will sort those out if any is unknown to me unfortunately.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33025180249.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.52.decb1407ozZTZv

typericey

So far no one’s complaining about bugs or QC issues. Good sign.

Moriarty

You can check with these guys, they have it in silver and I have bought from them more than once before. I didn't have any issues with them as I never had a warranty claim. So how they will sort those out if any is unknown to me unfortunately.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33025180249.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.52.decb1407ozZTZv

Thank you, I visited this shop, looks good! Silver version, free shipment to my country, some promo codes (valid till the end of today, haha! but I hope they will offer some new tomorrow). I will wait for final coupons offer, do some math and decide.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Thank you, I visited this shop, looks good! Silver version, free shipment to my country, some promo codes (valid till the end of today, haha! but I hope they will offer some new tomorrow). I will wait for final coupons offer, do some math and decide.

Yes, do take a look at how you can get hold of the "Select Coupons" if you do not have enough "coins" to exchange them. And surprisingly, the shop seems to have an almost perfect review rating.

Top Bottom