• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
The Sprout is an integrated amp and has a DAC, the HiFiBerry is just a DAC, no amp, just line out.

I had the HiFiBerry before I owned the Sprout running into another amp so I just kept using the line outs. Plus the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro handles DSD, which the Sprout doesn't
According to Amir's reviews here, the HiFi Berry DAC+ Pro outperforms the Sprout's DAC in any case, e.g., SINAD is about 10 dB better.

Edit: link <https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-and-measurements-of-ps-audio-sprout100.7049/>

Last edited:

Hemicrusher

DavidH

Forum Donor
I find that Pi4s with HiFi Berry HAT DACs, running Ropieee, make decent sounding, cheap, easy Roon Wi-Fi endpoints; a very stable solution for multi zone systems. I now have them littered all around our home, hooked up to various headphone and speaker systems for the whole family.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Does anyone think there is a difference with the reviewed product and the HIFIBERRY DAC+ ADC PRO? It looks like it just has the additional analog input. I am thinking of pairing that with the HIFIBERRY AAMP60 for a streamer + ADC + small amplifier.
The spec for the DAC part looks the same, apart from FR to 70 kHz instead of 90 kHz, so I'd say no important difference.

dave99

Does anyone think there is a difference with the reviewed product and the HIFIBERRY DAC+ ADC PRO? It looks like it just has the additional analog input. I am thinking of pairing that with the HIFIBERRY AAMP60 for a streamer + ADC + small amplifier.
I've done exactly this combo with a 4GB Pi and Bose 141 speakers running Librelec. No issues at all and sounds marvelous. I have a 7" IPS screen coming tomorrow to finish it off. Right now I have it connected to my vintage Kenwood system. The 141's easily connect to the AAMP60 on top.

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 494

noise

I've done exactly this combo with a 4GB Pi and Bose 141 speakers running Librelec. No issues at all and sounds marvelous. I have a 7" IPS screen coming tomorrow to finish it off. Right now I have it connected to my vintage Kenwood system. The 141's easily connect to the AAMP60 on top.

Nice! After I posted that comment, I ordered the parts to put it together. I'm using a RPi 3 A+ for the base of the stack. It is connected to a somewhat weak PSU and I think it was dropping out a bit with an even weaker one I was using before that. Since the AAMP60 requires a jack, I need to order one for the beefier laptop 20V PSU I plan to use.

dave99

Yes, I'm using an old Dell 19.5v 4.62A power brick. A bit big and over the top but works very well.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Top Bottom