• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel M12 opinions?

In a lot of my hobbies it seems like you can find a lot of value going back 1-2 generations of products. With that in mind, does anyone have any opinions about the original Revel Concerta line? Is it worth trying to track down a pair of M12s, or are they not really worth it compared to say a pair of M16s?

Last edited:

jonfitch

If the M12 is the same generation as the Performa 2 M22, then I would probably pass. IIRC Revel took a step back from the Performa to Performa 2 generation in terms of measurements, the tonality was notably worse. Most Revel owners who have owned both will tell you the same. I think they were doing some cost cutting that generation because the speakers lost half their mass in some of their lineups and curved baffles were replaced with flat/boxy ones.

Top Bottom