• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel C205 with JBL Studio 580s?

sword

Yeah the S30 is pretty good for an MTM design. Better if used vertically. Although we may not get the RC263 at that sale price , there are plenty of three-way design centers out there. I just bought a JBL S Center ( https://www.crutchfield.com/S-r5s5bu1CkGE/p_109SCNTR/JBL-S-Center.html ) used for $40. We will see how that works out.

The designs of the SVS, Emotiva, and Monolith are all three-way and likely a significant step up in terms of dialog. I don't know what the JBL S Center sold for new, unfortunately, so not sure it's a great item to compare. But guessing it was priced similarly to the 520C.
That S-Center looks great on paper. 3-way, 91db sensitivity and 8ohm impedance. I'm guessing it sold for much more than the 520C's $80-$100 sale price. Good find for $40.

I think someone in the JBL 5 Series forum at AVSforum posted about owning one for awhile and still likes it.

EdTice

That S-Center looks great on paper. 3-way, 91db sensitivity and 8ohm impedance. I'm guessing it sold for much more than the 520C's $80-$100 sale price. Good find for $40.

I think someone in the JBL 5 Series forum at AVSforum posted about owning one for awhile and still likes it.
I actually managed to get three of them so I hope they are good. Planning to use one for the center and two as surround rears. I couldn't argue with the prices. Got the one for $40 and the other two came as part of a package deal. 2x JBL S Series center and a Denon 4308ci for $300. The AVR will go in my bedroom and is much better than what it's replacing. I'm like the king of used equipment deals these days.

Top Bottom