• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Replacing Integrated Amp - Seeking Recommendations ~$2k

tmaynard

Hi there,

I've had a system that's served me well over 13.5 years
- Analog Chain - Project Debut 3 w/ Speedbox and Ortofon 2M Blue > Project Tubebox S
- Digital - typically USB from PC or optical out from TV
- Integrated Amp - Peachtree Audio Nova
- Speakers - Totem Mite

Primary use cases - spinning vinyl, watch video, streaming music from Spotify, occasional video-game playing

I've long had ambitions to upgrade turntable, speakers, etc., but my integrated amp has failed me first (digital inputs have all died).

Looking for a new amp in the $1500 to $2000 range, but could be sold on going a bit higher.

I've been reading up on products like the Yamaha R-N1000A, Rotel RA1572 Mk 2, NAD C399, Arcam SA30 and Leak Stereo 230. Overwhelmed by choices and opinions.

Here's where my head is at on features/functionality
- integrated phono stage is a nice to have, but unless better than my Tubebox S, I'll be unlikely to use it.
- HDMI ARC feels like a feature I'd use
- all of the wireless streaming capabilities that exist are intriguing to me, and I'd get value out of it
- would like this to be an amp I can grow my system around (e.g. make substantial upgrades to my analog chain and speakers
- ideally the product is recently released or early in it's lifecycle (would hate to by a product due to be upgraded in the next year)
- LIRAC is also intriguing
- if audio were to get out of sync of video, would need to be able to adjust the delay accordingly (this would drive me insane)

all feedback and thoughts are welcomed/encouraged. Hoping to make a purchase later this week with black friday sales.

OP
T

tmaynard

Also, forgot. would also like pre-outs, in the event i get a power amp down the line. though that seems to be present in most products I'm looking at.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Room correction ready to use like YPAO (unlike DIRAC) plus bass management, only to name a few point to Yamaha. If that is not important to you or you are a technical geek, get something else.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Peachtree Audio Nova
How long did you have that? Did you like it? It's not fixable? A bit tough to replace at 2x150W. And I would say "PrimaLuna" but there's no integrated streaming o_O
...and what did you end up buying?

Top Bottom