• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendations for music with impactful subbass please. They are rare.

hege

Forum Donor
Preferably continue in BASS! thread where we even post spectrograms:

Katji

Major Contributor
By "impactful" I suppose you mean other than the general genre #Bass music, which includes several subgenres or mixes of them. ...Dubstep...Neo Soul, "Souly Hip-Hop"... heavy bass, emphasized in mixing, but I wouldn't say slam or impact.
That track [post 1]...well, I dunno, maybe it's my speakers...\

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Pipe Organ... 16Hz below:

index.php

index.php

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is a thread about it called " Bass! " and @sweetchaos was so kind (as usual) to measure most of the tracks

OP
odyo

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
By "impactful" I suppose you mean other than the general genre #Bass music, which includes several subgenres or mixes of them. ...Dubstep...Neo Soul, "Souly Hip-Hop"... heavy bass, emphasized in mixing, but I wouldn't say slam or impact.
That track [post 1]...well, I dunno, maybe it's my speakers...\
Yeah it's really weird to describe. It's not like midbass. Sub bass generally muddies the overall sound but some songs have a weird impactful sub bass at least on my Ananda which makes it a special experience like the music in my first post.
Here another one

I don't really understand genres though. Is there any source to dig deep into genres to have some grasp.

OP
odyo

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Preferably continue in BASS! thread where we even post spectrograms:

Thanks!

Katji

Major Contributor
I don't really understand genres though. Is there any source to dig deep into genres to have some grasp.
Yes, Google and wikipedia. And there are youtube videos that explain the development of subgenres...one i remember about Drum & Bass.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Something older from my collection:
Time Warp from Erich Kunzel / Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-15 um 15.56.07.png

Vini darko

Major Contributor
A big hitter from back in the day. Ray Keith dark solider. Not the lowest of the the low but hits hard with big woofers. The album past, present, future is alot of fun at volume

Katji

Major Contributor

Ok, then this is viable...

[ Much heavy bass / sub-bass ... neo soul / hip-hop soul / + some reggae (lovers rock, no sub-bass) ...>95% of what i've been listening to the last 2 months or so. He's a brilliant selector, huge following, 10 years ... show on Apple Music 1 on Saturdays then archived on Soundcloud 6 days later. ]
[ It will expose any room boom but you're using headphones, so... ]

https://soundcloud.com/soulection%2Fsets%2Fsoulection-radio-sessions

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok, then this is viable...

[ Much heavy bass / sub-bass ... neo soul / hip-hop soul / + some reggae (lovers rock, no sub-bass) ...>95% of what i've been listening to the last 2 months or so. He's a brilliant selector, huge following, 10 years ... show on Apple Music 1 on Saturdays then archived on Soundcloud 6 days later. ]
[ It will expose any room boom but you're using headphones, so... ]

https://soundcloud.com/soulection%2Fsets%2Fsoulection-radio-sessions

I thought that it was the new Superman's movie logo :rolleyes:

th.jpg

Top Bottom