• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend 3 Open Back Headphones To Audition

Terrapin

Will be nice if you managed to check it, I'm curious to know if there is any difference as I like listening to the HD650 via the M1 Pro the best so I was surprised by the observation about the M1 Air.
Checked. 2020 MacBook Air M1 vs. 2020 MacBook Pro M1 13'+ HD650. No noticeable difference. To low volume level for me, alas.

ChrisCables

Audio Company
I'm going to throw in a real curveball and suggest the Sennheiser HD565 as one of the most underrated 'vintage' headphones available.
My dailys are HD600/650 and LCD2 Fazors but when I feel in the mood for a comfortable and fun listening experience I reach for the 565's.
No silly EQ necessary, they have a beautiful, engaging SS all their own, but you'll miss some bass coming from the M50's - I have 2 pairs of those too.
HP snobs will baulk at them but they fit your budget, if you can find and then restore a pair! 150-Ohm so that may be a fly in the ointment.
Refurbing them is easy as they are relatively easy to dismantle, refurb and/or replace the pads.
IMG_20220920_153049.jpg

I have 11 pairs of them (not for sale). I don't know why I have that many pairs exactly, I just do. They form part of an overall collection of the 'Tullamore' era of the HD*** range which I have become a bit obsessed with. o_O

senn 1.png

senn 6.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom