• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Really interesting John Atkinson interview

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

John Atkinson

Industry Insider
Reviewer
I am not sure if this has been posted before but a really interesting interview with John and his thoughts on measurement.
Courtesy of Stereophile.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/why-john-atkinson-believes-measurements-matter

It was a lot of fun doing the Zoom presentation with the Connecticut Audio Society, though at times the thoughts surfaced faster than the ability of my mouth to form the words :) And at one point in the tour of my listening room, the video was photobombed by two of my cats.

John Atkinson
Technical Editor, Stereophile

johnp98

It was a lot of fun doing the Zoom presentation with the Connecticut Audio Society, though at times the thoughts surfaced faster than the ability of my mouth to form the words :) And at one point in the tour of my listening room, the video was photobombed by two of my cats.

As a cat owner I certainly connected to the cats wanting to perch on the top of the speakers ;)

Very interesting interview which I much appreciated. I am one of the <35 year old crowd that is a small minority in this hobby yet I certainly have less disposable income than may others who are closer / at the end of their career. I have found it interesting how some of my friends are very impressed with my modest setup, and others who don't seem to 'get it' even though they certainly listen to their fair share of music.

I am wondering if you (or anyone) could expand on the current thoughts on waveguides and if they have overcome many of the concerns with prior horns? The high sensitivity and low distortion seem to make them a good choice for home theaters, but wondering what downsides need to be weighed.

Thanks!

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That WAS a very interesting interview. Good questions and fascinating, informative responses by JA!

Top Bottom