• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Re-Charging Audio Cables

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use a special cable charger that I got from the Galactic Federation.

Unfortunately, the instructions are in some mix of Israeli Hebrew and Arabic

Now that's easy, you have Google translator for that.
Would you have said Klingon, Krypton or other I could understand.
But Hebrew ... so many here would have helped you easily.

volkl77n

I came up with this simple new variation of the process to impart some real organic life:

View attachment 99514

You can all thank me later.

Oh No!!!
Tree bark is saturated with heavy metals - lead, zinc and copper to name a few - and your cables are now transmogrified and will suck up all the alien transmissions that bombard the Earth on their neutrino carrier waves.

You'll be visited soon. Pucker up, the probe is a bitch!

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Pucker up, the probe is a bitch!

For this very reason, you need to work on your mula bandha.

keep-calm-and-mula-bandha.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It is doomed and rootless, but not yet dead. The vascular cambium is still doing fine and imparting essence into the cables.
Actually this is superior because the vascular cambrium is looking for a chance to leave the soon dead matter by oozing into anything else around it. This is brilliant Helicopter. Only death can pay for life as they say in Game of Thrones when speaking of the many face god.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Actually this is superior because the vascular cambrium is looking for a chance to leave the soon dead matter by oozing into anything else around it. This is brilliant Helicopter. Only death can pay for life as they say in Game of Thrones when speaking of the many face god.

Yes, which is why timbers from sky burials are so great. They're already saturated with souls looking new homes.

volkl77n

Yes, which is why timbers from sky burials are so great. They're already saturated with souls looking new homes.

Souls? Now you've done it!
You've just limited your cables to Motown, Memphis and Philly soul. Anything else will just be garbled nonsense.
Hope you like Maggot Brain on repeat :eek:

Speedskater

Major Contributor
Also from the above cited Stereophile article: "At AudioQuest, we reverse-engineered every premium-audiophile power receptacle we could find. ......................................
.....................................................Additionally, a typical power amplifier can require instantaneous transient current as high as 70 amps peak. The lower the impedance of the wall connection, the better the delivery of the transient current. [There's] less current compression."

I am a mechanical engineer, not an EE. But this entire paragraph seems to transcend nonsense and approach gibberish. My favorite was his assertion that "a few" of the premium audiophile power receptacles are "actually worse" than average. I would expect about half of them to be worse than average.

If Google could translate languages from other Universe's, it would all make sense. But electricity doesn't work that way in this Universe.
I counted 6 errors in the part you posted.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Souls? Now you've done it!
You've just limited your cables to Motown, Memphis and Philly soul. Anything else will just be garbled nonsense.
Hope you like Maggot Brain on repeat :eek:

Au contraire.

I use only indigenous woods to the Pacific Northwest.

No Himalayan sky burials here, and thus no souls.

Well....maybe sasquatch...

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I guess I need more magnets.

I was mindin' my own business, leafing through the junkmail that comes to my Yahoo email address, when I espied one from Audiogon encouraging me to trade up and improve my hifi via new cables...

To wit:

Magnetic Conduction
New to High Fidelity Cables?
Learn how their unique technology works

Unlike anything before, High Fidelity's cabling technology uses powerful arrays of magnets to preserve your audio signal and propel music through your system.

With Magnetic Conduction, the free electrons in the electromagnetic audio signal are so powerfully attracted to the guiding forces of the magnetic arrays that they are pulled to the extreme center of the conductor. The electrons are unable to break free from the magnetic pathway of the cables.

This means noise, distortion and external EMI are simply overpowered by the magnetic technology used within their products.​

They have a video that 'splains it all, too! ;)

PS I wonder what, e.g., Newton would've thought of the concept of extreme center?
I mean, that was kinda what he was gettin' at when he thunk up that wacky "calculus" stuff...

1608218571021.png

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

I was mindin' my own business, leafing through the junkmail that comes to my Yahoo email address, when I espied one from Audiogon encouraging me to trade up and improve my hifi via new cables...

To wit:

Magnetic Conduction

Unlike anything before, High Fidelity's cabling technology uses powerful arrays of magnets to preserve your audio signal and propel music through your system.

With Magnetic Conduction, the free electrons in the electromagnetic audio signal are so powerfully attracted to the guiding forces of the magnetic arrays that they are pulled to the extreme center of the conductor. The electrons are unable to break free from the magnetic pathway of the cables.

This means noise, distortion and external EMI are simply overpowered by the magnetic technology used within their products.​

Have you tried recharging them instead?

Mike B

To wit:

Magnetic Conduction

So "skin effect", which seems a vital part of many cable arguments, is negated as the magnets force the electrons to the center of the conductors! Can the conductors then be made very thin? Since the outside region is devoid of current it is clearly extraneous material. We could save a lot of copper.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
So "skin effect", which seems a vital part of many cable arguments, is negated as the magnets force the electrons to the center of the conductors! Can the conductors then be made very thin? Since the outside region is devoid of current it is clearly extraneous material. We could save a lot of copper.
Dude! It's Nobel prize level stuff!
If only it weren't proprietary.
Maybe they'll bring back the 100 mpg carburetor!

Have you tried recharging them instead?
touché

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

Force gives the electrons PTSD.

You need to lure them, instead.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It does explain why my Walkman sounded better when I was in with the high-field NMR magnet -- as long as I didn't get too close...
;)

Top Bottom