• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Re-Charging Audio Cables

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I thought I'd make a quick PSA to remind everyone to re-charge their audio cables during the holidays.

Nothing tops up a depleted electron supply in your cables like a good annual re-charge.

You can use a trickle charger, or, if you have a lot of cable to work through, a quick portable jumpstart battery like shown here.

IMG_0088.jpg

Don't forget to do it on a non-conductive surface that isolates the new fresh electrons from the earth.

I find that a reclaimed wood, like shown here, works especially well as it has had electron-stealing industrial chemicals bleached out of it by the sun.

I've also had good results by adding the extra elevation offered by of an organic yoga block, which gives a little more space for the flux lines to flow.

Great for taking your Amazon Basics or Blue Jeans cables to the next level!

Last edited:
OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'd prefer a piece of wood which could be used to bleach out vote stealing fake news.

You should be doing this inside a Faraday cage that prevents outside electromagnetic waves, cell signals, wifi, radio, and other stuff that is bad for cable magneto-chakra alignment.

I neglected to mention that as I thought it was a given.

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You should be doing this inside a Faraday cage that prevents outside electromagnetic waves, cell signals, wifi, radio, and other stuff that is bad for cable magneto-chakra alignment.

I neglected to mention that as I thought it was a given.
And don’t forget to wear your tin-foil hat to avoid getting the wrong alpha-waves. :)

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Also, if a permanent Faraday cage is out of budget, or causes SAF issues, you can always rig up a tent using Faraday fabric:

81Ha5IXZRBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
This is just too inconvenient aka high end. Couldn't I just set my smartphone into fly mode, or is this the equivalent of using tone controls ?

StefaanE

Forum Donor
Tin-foil isn't bad if you've really got nothing else.

But if you splurge a little on Faraday fabric like above, you'll find it much more fashion friendly for making a wide variety of chapeaux.
OMG. What is the world coming to, and where is Ford Prefect when we need him most?

StefaanE

Forum Donor
You should always wear EMF protective gear when doing critical listening:

71kSGlPjzqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Go away, just go away (in my best Scottish accent). I won’t be able to sleep tonight, with my smartphone on my bed stand and NO EMF BEANIE TO PROTECT ME :eek:.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
I've also had good results by adding the extra elevation offered by of an organic yoga block ...

I'd actually advise against this. Organic yoga blocks are known to emit transient chakras and the solar plexus chakra (Manipura) in particular can really screw up bass frequencies in audio cables. I'd recommend something audibly neutral like iridium.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'd actually advise against this. Organic yoga blocks are known to emit transient chakras and the solar plexus chakra (Manipura) in particular can really screw up bass frequencies in audio cables. I'd recommend something audibly neutral like iridium.

You'll be okay, as long as you keep a really tight sphincter lock.

mula_banda_baby.jpg

StefaanE

Forum Donor

StefaanE

Forum Donor
It's good to take pride in handcrafts.

But you can also buy ready-made EMF gaiters, too.

81SapLdw%2BuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Now you’ve done it. Adieu, sanity, have a good voyage. Or, as they say in the classics, “of all the things I’ve lost, it’s my mind I miss the most”.

Top Bottom