• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Re-Charging Audio Cables

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Unfortunately your cowhide rug needs a re-construction filter. It's too blocky and digital sounding.
If @watchnerd ends up getting the Luxman integrated he'll have to upgrade the rug to one made from a Japanese cow from Kobe/Hida or the like.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Using a little bit of cooking show wizardry, we're going to advance the time table a bit as curing the cables can take weeks to months...

But once you've done that, the next step is to toast them near an open flame.

IMG_0090 (1).jpg

Note it's not just the firewood that's important (in this case, Pacific Northwest cedar harvested by moi), but also the stick on which you suspend the cables will be key to imparting the right flavor into the cables.

Some prefer traditional incense woods like sandalwood, but I prefer totemic woods, the origin of which will vary according to your locale (Celtic druid woods, Tengri sky burial timbers, etc.).

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
But...but.. a trickle charger only recycles old electrons.
To make new ones you need a radioisotope thermoelectric generator
I thought those just shunted old electrons around (heat from radioisotope -> Stirling engine -> generator) - for new electrons you need something like a beta source don't you?

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Wow, this is a deep thread! At first thought it's 1st of April now...

volkl77n, thank you for reminding us about protons and neutrons and their wellfare! Electrons are such princesses, they usually get all the sympathies

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
Thanks @watchnerd
I needed that, had some disconserning news today. This hepled a lot.
Now it's confirmed that objectivist are certifiable, not only in tech or science.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
The opening line is just too good:

"It stands to reason that any audiophile system would benefit from improved AC power."

For some definition of "improved" and "power", I agree.

During a power outage, my system improves very much with the restoration of power.

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Dammit! Who invited the physicist to the party?
Now we got a "bore-on" rod in our nuclear pile. Sheesh.
You mean you don't like the idea of tritium cable treatment? But it's got genuine new electrons, not those nasty recycled ones! Expensive, impractical, hazardous - must be a winner!
Just wait til AudioQuest start powering their dielectric bias systems from BetaVoltaic sources - they could even include a tritium light for a reassuring warm glow.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
You mean you don't like the idea of tritium cable treatment? But it's got genuine new electrons, not those nasty recycled ones! Expensive, impractical, hazardous - must be a winner!
Just wait til AudioQuest start powering their dielectric bias systems from BetaVoltaic sources - they could even include a tritium light for a reassuring warm glow.

I've got some nice vintage watches with tritium hands that will set of a Gieger counter....

volkl77n

Tritium would be very inefficient. It only has one electron in it's shell.
What you really want is some Ununoctium....

Wait, dammit, you got me doing it now! o_O

StefaanE

Forum Donor

Mike B

The new playback chain that now included the Niagara 3000 and the NRG Edison receptacles allowed my system to extract a previously unheard level of tangibility from the streamed recording.

The real eye-opener, however, was when the music stopped: The absolute quiet in my room was almost ghostly compared to the state I was accustomed to.

AASROD (Again, Another Stereophile Reviewer On Drugs)

My receiver has a tangibility boost circuit. I do not need this power conditioner. The tangibility of my music is off the scale.

Mike B

Also from the above cited Stereophile article: "At AudioQuest, we reverse-engineered every premium-audiophile power receptacle we could find. Some were substantially better than average (a few [were] actually worse), but what I saw too often was cryogenic freezing, or rhodium plating over a mostly stock design that simply wasn't up to par. I decided to not only use beryllium copper base metal for its high spring strength, but all metal parts are up to 40% thicker than a typical NEMA or hospital grade AC receptacle. The only plating is thick, direct silver using what's called the 'hanging' plating process. This assures that induced radio-frequency noise has a low-impedance path back to the electrical panel and Earth ground. Further, it's low-impedance at radio frequencies. The plating covers all modes: Line, Neutral, and Ground. Many premium power receptacles do not. For audio-video performance, details count. Noise-dissipation is a drainage system, and we do not want a power receptacle to interfere with the drain path back to earth. Additionally, a typical power amplifier can require instantaneous transient current as high as 70 amps peak. The lower the impedance of the wall connection, the better the delivery of the transient current. [There's] less current compression."

I am a mechanical engineer, not an EE. But this entire paragraph seems to transcend nonsense and approach gibberish. My favorite was his assertion that "a few" of the premium audiophile power receptacles are "actually worse" than average. I would expect about half of them to be worse than average.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Oh, what a disappointment! I am surprised a rational type like you hasn't considered myrtle wood. Most people prefer myrtle wood. Myrtle wood is essentially the Harman Curve of audiophile woods.

Myrtle is not indigenous to my region.

The electrons prefer whatever wood is sustainable and local.

Top Bottom