• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix 5k or topping dx3 pro+ for Hifiman HE400SE

Berilon

I just bought my first set of headphones, the Hifiman He400SE and also ordered the qudelix 5k dac/amp.
Since i am very new to the hobby, i am wondering if the topping dx3 pro+ with more power would be a better choice for the headphone?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I just bought my first set of headphones, the Hifiman He400SE and also ordered the qudelix 5k dac/amp.
Since i am very new to the hobby, i am wondering if the topping dx3 pro+ with more power would be a better choice for the headphone?

Only if you want to play impressively loud (above 110dB SPL peak so > 95-100dB average). You can make it play a bit louder by buying a balanced cable for the HE400SE.The DX 3pro+ can play a bit louder (using the stock cable) than Qudelix 5k in balanced mode (with new to buy balanced cable)
DX3 pro+ does not have the onboard EQ options and won't sound any better but has a display and is a lot bigger in size.
Qudelix 5k is small, portable (runs on internal battery) has EQ options and can add a microphone for taking calls on your HE400SE, at least when it is not too far from your head....

Totally different use cases for both devices.

Last edited:
OP
B

Berilon

Thank you for the reply. I think i will stick with the qudelix and save some money for now. It is good to know that there are no night and day differences.

Top Bottom