• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quantum One, a poor man's GRAS fixture?

Asinus

I needed a proper headset for pandemic home-office meetings and got a good deal.

This JBL gamer headset comes with a "calibration mic" that plays a frequency sweep to adjust the HRTF engine. I was wondering if it actually be good enough to measure other headphones and calculate EQs.

It is obviously not going to take measurements as good as a four figure fixture, however if it is within an acceptable margin of error once smoothed, and the measurement takes into account your unique pinna it might be a good choice. I am not on the US so I cannot ship mine but maybe @amirm can source a pair and compare with his rig.

Who knows, maybe minidsp picks up an we get better in-ear mics in the future.

For the record while these are not bad and fit my purposes, you are basically paying for the gimmicks not for a 200+ pair of headphones.

Top Bottom