• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[PURIFI] New Purifi with custom "made in Italy" buffer, pictures inside )

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Here the feedback, let me translate )))

1611757473294.png

1) It's a prototype and I haven't found the right connectors. Those pins are the copy of other pins for non
not fundamental outputs. In the final Buffer, they will all be connected in the right way

2)It deals with the output of the pre, not the final so it does not affect the speaker output

3) I did not measure it yet but should be higher

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Your friend should re-read the datasheet, he missed something in the pins he left open.
And he should measure the noise, seeing the layout I fear it will be "molto più alto". But I can be wrong.

All feedbacks are good to know. I will transfer this message many thanks )

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Here the feedback, let me translate )))

View attachment 108737

1) It's a prototype and I haven't found the right connectors. Those pins are the copy of other pins for non
not fundamental outputs. In the final Buffer, they will all be connected in the right way

2)It deals with the output of the pre, not the final so it does not affect the speaker output

3) I did not measure it yet but should be higher
Thank you for the answer , makes sense now.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
By the way, what is the best price for such an amplifier in the USA so I can have an idea ? (if you consider the OP Amps update etc)

mocenigo

Major Contributor

I do not think they are "copies" - they are for the sensing. They should be connected. However, if such a board comes available with OPA1656s in place of the "audiophile", expensive and poorly measuring MUSE opamps, it would be an interesting option for EU based customers. Is gain adjustable? Also, if the board had DC-DC converters followed by inductors and caps for the various aux supplies (the purer the supply to modulators the better) then it could become a little killer.

Roberto

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
I do not think they are "copies" - they are for the sensing. They should be connected. However, if such a board comes available with OPA1656s in place of the "audiophile", expensive and poorly measuring MUSE opamps, it would be an interesting option for EU based customers. Is gain adjustable? Also, if the board had DC-DC converters followed by inductors and caps for the various aux supplies (the purer the supply to modulators the better) then it could become a little killer.

Roberto

Thanks I will transfer this feedback
I disagree for the Muse op amps I own tons of op amps @home : burson V5i Muse 02 Muse 03 Opa1656 Opa1642 Opa1612 Opa1602 and plenty of other.... Opa1656 and Muse 02 are both sublime and I am used to install it even on my Tpa325x boards I mean high ends modules (Drmordor Jlester etc)

A new version of the buffer is already on the road

Last edited:

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company

Roberto
If you find an OPA1656 anywhere worldwide, could you please give me a call ? ;)

Edit: Mouser now has a few ones, components market is a mess these days...

ahl

Hi amigos,

Just got my new Purifi Amplifier, after all, it remains conventional. But it has a custom "made in Italy" Buffer.
The Buffer involves 3 Genuine OP Amps Muse 02 + 03 (one single and two dual, I will give a test with some OPA1656 that I have in stock)
The Buffer globally improve the headroom. The OP Amps U1 is the main one, the Op Amps U2 and U3 help to increase te output current and help to better drive the Purifi modules. (if needed, with a simple modification U2 and U3 can be bypassed).
The little SMPS unit you seen @the side is in charge of the Power On led. Strangely on my first version, I had a problem with the switch and the led ... so as not to "stress" the led, I added this isolated power supply .It may be exaggerated at first glance but in the end it works well)

Some pictures :

Is the buffer board available separately? and for how much?

Lambda

Major Contributor
How many layers is this buffer pcb?
This looks all unnecessary big.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would say yes ) The Amplifier is fully assembled and some parts are made in Italy @ 100% (220V version only for European users)
If you look at the back of the case, all necessary safety precautions have been taken.

Keep in mind that I am not a professional just an enthusiast))))))))

View attachment 108698
Going from 220v to 115v is simply a matter of a jumper switch on the SMPS, plus the correct IEC receptacle on the chassis.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
If you find an OPA1656 anywhere worldwide, could you please give me a call ? ;)

Edit: Mouser now has a few ones, components market is a mess these days...

I have some OPA1656 / 2210 / 1692 and other in ready to go DIP8 socket )
All are genuine from Mouser and Digikey )

BTW : give a try to the OPA2210, they are awesome !

Reactions: ahl
Top Bottom