• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS5 compatible DACs with TOSLINK?

Hi, does anyone know of a PS5 compatible DAC (so basically UAC1) that also has optical input?
only one I can think of is Atom Dac+ but I'm in australia so it's not viable for me to get it shipped over.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The SMSL C200 has a UAC1 mode and Toslink in.
Comes with a built-in headphone amp though, which you may or may not need.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hello,

if available in your country I guess the SMSL PO100 Pro can do the trick for a decent price : https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/detail/id/808.html
No Toslink in. Only out
202211101406449463.jpg

staticV3

Master Contributor
That's a shame. My setup is pretty janky atm, I'm using a d03k which is like the cheapest dac connected from the tv to my magni heresy, I could really use a decent dac hehe
The C200 would give you a one box solution.

FooYatChong

Maybe a (used) Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100

roladyzator

Creative GC7 is not a bad device. It works with PS5's USB in stereo mode, but if you give it 5.1 Dolby Digital signal, you get two variants of virtual surround.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a Syba Sonic I use for testing. It's UAC1 with no driver needed. Optical, RCA, and coax outputs. They're really cheap, I got a used one on Amazon for $26 last week. Great for testing DACs for functionality on the inputs. The amp is pretty wimpy though.

OP
adelaidestevens
I have a Syba Sonic I use for testing. It's UAC1 with no driver needed. Optical, RCA, and coax outputs. They're really cheap, I got a used one on Amazon for $26 last week. Great for testing DACs for functionality on the inputs. The amp is pretty wimpy though.
that’s for the suggestion, although I’m looking for optical input specifically, to connect with my ps3 and ps4

Top Bottom