• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problem about low volume on LP6 and more

Hey,guys,I just got LP6 v2 in my bedroom.When I listen low volume,it lose high frequency,Everything sounds like only mid range and lose detail. I have hs7 and kh80,they both don’t have this issue.
I am interesting anyone have this problem?

I like listen music before fall sleep.So my volume is very low.Cuz I don’t wanna bother my family.

Is this problem about speaker amp?

Last edited:

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Hey,guys,I just got LP6 v2 in my bedroom.When I listen low volume,it lose high frequency,Everything sounds like only mid range and lose detail. I have hs7 and kh80,they both don’t have this issue.
I am interesting anyone have this problem?

I like listen music before fall sleep.So my volume is very low.Cuz I don’t wanna bother my family.

Is this problem about speaker amp?

No idea... but it would help confirm if you could actually measure the difference, say, with full-range pink noise at different volume levels.

Psychoacoustically, however, the perceived "loudness" of bass and high frequencies diminishes faster at lower volumes which is why some people use loudness compensation DSP to automatically adjust or increase the bass and/or treble past a given reference volume.

OP
Brian like sushi
Thanks bro.I agreed with you.I will check some date abt loudness compensation DSP. I just found someone said when LP6 work on high volume, the high frequency volume is going up a little bit.

Top Bottom