• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Prism Sound

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have just ordered our first 'Callia' DAC/pre/headphone amp from Prism Sound.
Prism are a highly respected UK pro audio engineering company, their history can be found here.
http://www.prismsound.com/hifi/heritage.php
The Callia is aimed more at the domestic user, DAC, /preamp and headphone amp all in one neat relatively inexpensive component.
Our first units should arrive this week.
Keith.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Have you got details ?

Reading through your link this popped out!

One such debate involved a number of high-profile artistes, including Pink Floyd and Mariah Carey, and SONY Music. The contention was that something was amiss in the production process leading to an unsatisfactory sound upon playback of the discs. Prism Sound partnered with SONY Music and Doug Carson Associates (DCA), a company that supplied machinery for creating the "glass masters" that were the physical master from which ultimately the stampers would be formed.
It transpired that it is possible, with certain types of CD player, to distinguish by measurement of the audio output, exactly which disc is being played from a selection known to contain bit-identical data. Further, it is also possible to identify if the same content is being played from a different track (position) on the disc. The discs must first be verified as identical to the extent that the digital output stream from the player must be 100% bit accurate.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I use a Prism Titan. It's a wonderful unit. It has rock solid drivers, mixer and sounds great. Prism is also respected in the device measurement arena. They know what they are doing.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Thomas Hi,we will have several actives here to partner the PrismSound.
Manger Audio C1's
PSI 21-Ms
Kii THREEs but they have inbuilt DAC/ADC
The new GRimm Audio LS1BE 's
And the Beolabs when I save up!
Keith
Though the old skool crowd don't like actives we have a good chance with te new breed! Do you have reasonable priced actives to go with that dac?

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I love products like this. Does it have XLR outputs? If it does, you'll have a whole world of actives to choose from, at many price points. Most of them won't look pretty, but many of them will sound beautiful. Of course if it doesn't have XLR outs, you're just a good direct box away from opening that door.

Tim

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Michael that's interesting I am also thinking about the Nadac, I thought I read somewhere that you could use it as an endpoint for Roon?
You must post your thoughts on up sampled DSD as well.
Keith
I know I keep sounding like I'm putting things off. But there's one small networking issue I have to iron out with the NADAC before I post something about that setup. I also need to wait for jussi to release HQP 3.14 so I can use my GPU for processing. I have been upsampling mostly redbook to DSD256 and I love the way the NADAC sounds with HQplayer and Roon. But there's more work to be done before I could recommend the total setup to anyone else. Unlike many others on other forums, I intend to be very careful about what I recommend to others.

bibo01

I know I keep sounding like I'm putting things off. But there's one small networking issue I have to iron out with the NADAC before I post something about that setup. I also need to wait for jussi to release HQP 3.14 so I can use my GPU for processing. I have been upsampling mostly redbook to DSD256 and I love the way the NADAC sounds with HQplayer and Roon. But there's more work to be done before I could recommend the total setup to anyone else. Unlike many others on other forums, I intend to be very careful about what I recommend to others.
What small networking issue do you have?

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
What small networking issue do you have?
I was in New Mexico enjoying some family time. I'm back now. I was having dropouts when NADAC was connected to my Dell power connect switch at the same time my Verizon router was connected to the same switch. Dom suggested I check that the DAC firmware is up to date. I was told it was before the demo was sent to me.

I just got back checked it and it wasn't up to date. I just updated the firmware to the most recent and all the dropouts are gone. The other picture is me at the highest point in New Mexico!

Top Bottom