• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portable DAC with EQ

Ten Protons

Hello.
Could you please recommend a portable DAC up to $500 with a built-in equalizer?
The main feature is that it can be controlled via USB from a computer.

I was looking at the FiiO KA17, but its equalizer can only be adjusted from the phone, which is very inconvenient.
I've read about the Qudelix 5K, but according to reviews, it doesn't have clear and transparent enough sound.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I've read about the Qudelix 5K, but according to reviews, it doesn't have clear and transparent enough sound.
According to the measurements, it does.

Ears are easily fooled into hearing what's not there. Audio analyzers aren't.

The Qudelix undoubtedly has clear and transparent enough sound.

OP
Ten Protons

Ten Protons

Based on your answer, there are no other offers on the market than the ones I mentioned above?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Based on your answer, there are no other offers on the market than the ones I mentioned above?
There are other options, but none of them can match the Qudelix in quality and quantity of features, value for money, and long-term software support.

Seriously. If the Qudelix fits your use case, then just buy it. The competition is miles behind.

OP
Ten Protons

Ten Protons

There are other options, but none of them can match the Qudelix in quality and quantity of features, value for money, and long-term software support.

Seriously. If the Qudelix fits your use case, then just buy it. The competition is miles behind.
Thanks for answer.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

+1 on that. Amazing really that its what, 3 years old ? and still pretty much in a class of its own, or at least top of a very small class. Especially given the boom in the IEM market and the wide discussions in the community about EQ. TBH I am not sure if there will ever be a true successor given that it looks like on-cable DSP seems to be the way of the future (for better or worse) .

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

It may not be fancy or expensive enough to get full credit from 'reviewers,' but don't let that hold you back. I love mine.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That’s likely just because the people making such idiotic pronouncements aren’t smart enough fo use any modern product.

OP
Ten Protons

Ten Protons

That’s likely just because the people making such idiotic pronouncements aren’t smart enough fo use any modern product.
Maybe:)

I read its comparisons with tanchjim space and hidizs s9 pro (which I own) and according to the Qudelix 5K reviews, it lost to them in clarity. Although maybe you are right and I need to take a chance and buy it.

OP
Ten Protons

Ten Protons

I forgot to ask one small thing - if I adjust the equalizer on the FiiO KA17 via my phone, will these settings work when I connect it to my computer?

Top Bottom