• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is there an USB-C Dongle DAC with PEQ/EQ yet?

paudio

Was wondering if any usb-c dongle dacs that have come out that have a PEQ/EQ yet? I have a Qudelix 5K and an ES100 but I mostly use Apple USB-C Dongle DACs with APO Equalizer/Peace on PC. Would love to be able to set an EQ on something like the Apple dongle but be able to use it across different devices.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Was wondering if any usb-c dongle dacs that have come out that have a PEQ/EQ yet? I have a Qudelix 5K and an ES100 but I mostly use Apple USB-C Dongle DACs with APO Equalizer/Peace on PC. Would love to be able to set an EQ on something like the Apple dongle but be able to use it across different devices.
I'm going on a limb and saying no. Nothing remotely of the form factor of the apple dongle. I'll be proved wrong in the fulness of time due to advancements but I don't believe as of today.

JLGF1

You already own the best in the category (as of now).

OP
P

paudio

Too bad. Hopefully we get one sooner than later. I'm sure the technology exists to make one as this stuff is all miniaturized into many TWS iems at this point.

MCH

Major Contributor
creative xfi amp has graphic EQ with 10 bands iirc + tone controls. You set in on the app but it stays on even if you use it with other devices that dont have tha app installed.
+physical volume buttons+very cheap, i think it was a worthy dongle. Don't know what the difference is with the current version though.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Wasnt aware of that one - looks cool but turns out its been measured on here and elsewhere. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/minidsp-il-dsp-headphone-amplifier.15959/

Comments suggest the implementation of EQ wasnt great and its not a beast for power. Given that was 3 years ago I suspect MiniDSP stopped production (shows out of stock on their site)

Last edited:

lindijones

The Qudelix has a parametric eq as far as i can see?
Why not using it?
Because of the size?
(But i anyway also would like to have such a solution. )

I would love if Apple would implement a PEQ for the AirPods but before hell freezes over i think…

lindijones

Btw: it seems that the new Fiio BTR15 also has a PEQ. But it‘s of course not the size of the Apple Dongle.

AryaStealth

Fiio KA17 looks really promisin. Waiting for a good review
KA17 doesn't support shelf filters. Only 10 peak filters. PEQ filters on iOS devices are not supported at all.
And then there is also the E1DA DAC.
It supports shelf filters, but there is a total limit for 7 filters.

Is there any dongle that has 10 or more filters and supports bass and high shelf filters?

Last edited:
Top Bottom