• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Playback disappears for 2-5 seconds when switching between 44.1kHz and 92kHz.

MadsTB

I recently picked up a used Aune S8 DAC. I like it a lot, but one thing that has been annoying me is when i play music from Qobuz on MacOs and the tracks that i play switch from 44.1 kHz to 92kHz. This switch cuts off the sound for about 2-5 seconds after switching the sample rate, so it goes silent for the first seconds of the track and then start playing the track from 00:02-00:05. Does anybody here have a solution for this problem? Pretty annoying when listening to playlists.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR! On Windows, I fix my output to 96k and let it resample everything, thus avoiding any issues with the DAC switching it's own sample rate.

poopy

I also need to resample (to 192kHz) from Qobuz so that my DAC gets same sample rate across all tracks.

Top Bottom