• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Physics of Resonance

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it the God Particle, or is it Memorex...

The same phenomenon by which an opera singer can shatter a wineglass also underlies the very existence of subatomic particles...

ella.jpg

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Shake oil. Snack oil an bar. The glass was cracked

When i arrive to the higg boson bump, I laugh. The quantum effect can be observed when the temperature is near 0° Kelvin.
Do you know a singer singing at 0°K....
Why do you post that?

Last edited:

Holmz

Major Contributor

Do you know a singer singing at 0°K....

Maybe the expression “when hell freezes over“ is the physics description of the heat death of the universe?
And there is the expression, “It is not over till the fat lady sings.”

Ergo… there must be an opera singer down there in hell.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Maybe the expression “when hell freezes over“ is the physics description of the heat death of the universe?
And there is the expression, “It is not over till the fat lady sings.”

Ergo… there must be an opera singer down there in hell.
In hell, There are

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
... and here I thought this was gonna be about 4n + 2 pi electrons (Hückel's Rule) ;)

8.6.4.png

Holmz

Major Contributor
... and here I thought this was gonna be about 4n + 2 pi electrons (Hückel's Rule) ;)

8.6.4.png

^That^ looks to me more like a reference to Vagner’s Ring Cycle, and the Brunnhilde and the shield maidens singing.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Came across this nifty little experiment in resonance and its transfer / activation / triggering:

It also demonstrates how resonances can be "blocked" through "tuning" - as long as the two adjacent materials differ in their resonant frequencies - transfer is minimised (or vice versa, if their resonances are similar, they can trigger each other, maximising resonance).

Great stuff - and directly applicable wherever we have transducers - microphones, speakers and phono cartridges ... along with their holders, boxes, platforms, platters etc....

Top Bottom