• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Edition XS hiss/resonance?

maximum3535

I've recently purchased my edition XS and I've noticed a background hiss/resonance that occurs very rarely but is consistently reproducible when playing:

at 4:45, 8:40, 11:13, and 12:20. This occurs when I'm playing at decently loud but comfortable levels. As per

There can be noticeable noise especially at ~4.5k and 12khz, but the chords that produces those resonances for my headphone are at lower frequencies than that. Does anyone know if this is normal? Would it be worth it to try returning and rouletting? If someone also has an edition XS, I'd appreciate it if you could see if this is reproducible.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
I've recently purchased my edition XS and I've noticed a background hiss/resonance that occurs very rarely but is consistently reproducible when playing:

at 4:45, 8:40, 11:13, and 12:20. This occurs when I'm playing at decently loud but comfortable levels. As per

There can be noticeable noise especially at ~4.5k and 12khz, but the chords that produces those resonances for my headphone are at lower frequencies than that. Does anyone know if this is normal? Would it be worth it to try returning and rouletting? If someone also has an edition XS, I'd appreciate it if you could see if this is reproducible.
What DAC and Amp do you have? Or how are you sure it is the headphones?

OP
M

maximum3535

What DAC and Amp do you have? Or how are you sure it is the headphones?
That's a good point, I have moondrop dawn pro with magni heretic (both 115+ SINAD), I'm able to reproduce the hiss when connected to either my PC or iPad, and the hiss doesn't occur with my elex or blessing 2 dusk at all

Top Bottom