• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

staticV3

Master Contributor
I'll have to try them too and listen to the differences.
When converting his PDF to the default .txt format, don't forget to type in LSC for low-shelf filters and HSC for high-shelf filters.

LS and HS without the C have a different response and won't match his preset.

johny_2000

When converting his PDF to the default .txt format, don't forget to type in LSC for low-shelf filters and HSC for high-shelf filters.

LS and HS without the C have a different response and won't match his preset.
Thanks! I always pay attention to those low shelf and high shelf bands, because these are the ones that I have to tweak to my taste most of the time. And I noticed that AutoEQ PEQs combines LSC, HSC and 4 other most significant filters in the first rows and leaves the other low gain, high Q bands (to correct artifacts) at the end.

As I read in RME's headphone linearization trainings, they recommend completely ignoring all those low gain, high Q filters as they do more harm than good.

Last edited:

johny_2000

My ideal EQs for these Philips headphones, which I really compare to my old friend HD650. Still in the process of listening

Screenshot 2024-04-12 021903.jpg

20240412_022357.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom