• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Perfect Path Technologies

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Looks like they are in the same business as ByBee and other charlatans. You'll find the same "technology" in beer coasters from the local pub.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Never heard of nor owned anything.
Has a distinct smell of a certain type of oil, especially given the pricing

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Has anyone heard of or owned anything from this company?

https://perfectpathtechnologies.com/

As a former prosecutor, I am always interested in what current schemes are out there.

Rule No. 1: Never buy "audio" equipment from companies that don't actually make audio equipment.

Rule No. 2: Beware anyone who claims they are employing "nanotechnology".

Rule No. 3: Avoid vendors offering products that they can't be bothered to at least lie about. Seriously, they don't even make a pretense at explaining the scientific/mechanical "principles" they are hoping you'll fall for. Just "Slip this under your components and your world will change!"

They aren't even trying.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
Same BS as isolation feet for CD players, cable risers, "tuning rocks" and "time correction clocks".
I have to disagree on the CD player part. I put Sorbothane hemispheres under hi-fi components that have moving parts like CD/DVD players, hard drives & larger fans. They reduce mechanical vibrations that get amplified by the shelf.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
The Gate
Cleans your AC. Ok you have to have it at least 3Weeks in Place. But then all the AC Sinewaves are perfectly cleard. The are so clear that even the Waves themselfs are not shure if they maybe DC now. ; )

jsrtheta

I have to disagree on the CD player part. I put Sorbothane hemispheres under hi-fi components that have moving parts like CD/DVD players, hard drives & larger fans. They reduce mechanical vibrations that get amplified by the shelf.

What vibrations that get amplified by the shelf? What measurable harm do they cause? How does any of this affect the sound?

raindance

Major Contributor
Not thru the audio system, the amplifiers can be turned-off. The shelf acts as a sounding board for the rotating parts.
And what acts as a microphone to pick it up and play it back? Otherwise it's just a little vibration in a shelf that isn't even severe enough to move dust bunnies. The ONLY time it could matter is if you have a turntable that is poorly isolated (as most of them are).

NTomokawa

Forum Donor
I take it that isolation feet work on two things: tube amps to reduce tube microphonics, and turntables to reduce any induced rumble/echo/feedback.

None of that matters in the solid state domain. It takes a jackhammer, an earthquake, or striking the CD player itself to make its laser pickup skip. By that time no isolation feet can help.

raindance

Major Contributor
Ha! I forgot about toobs... although, funny story, the only time one of my tube preamps sounded "tubey" was when it had a really microphonic tube in one channel which added seemingly lovely euphonic colorations to female voice at a certain volume :D. However, isolation wasn't going to fix it as it was amplifying sound waves rather than vibration of the rack.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
And what acts as a microphone to pick it up and play it back? Otherwise it's just a little vibration in a shelf that isn't even severe enough to move dust bunnies. The ONLY time it could matter is if you have a turntable that is poorly isolated (as most of them are).

I've experienced audible rattling from some equipment interacting with shelves, so this seems eminently plausible. My cure: I now only use SSD drives or streaming, not physical discs.

Theo

temp.jpg

You should try these coasters instead... Definitely cheaper and same results...

Top Bottom