• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Parametric EQ on Foobar

tades

Math Audio Peq, versatile, option to save profiles. Free download as component for foobar.
Hello Patrick,

I haven't found the Phase correction in the MathAudio Room Eq for Foobar
Thus, I tried to introduce a convolution filter in Foobar (via convolver plug-in).
Not that difficult ( if I was able to do it)
It works fine, if not perfect.
You need
REW (and a calibrated microphone) for the measurement,
RePhase to calculate the Impulse Wav
the Foobar Plug-In Convolver to introduce this in your musical path

I attach a procedure for dummy.
Written in French but I'm sure most of you can understand it... If not I may try to translate (but will ask for tolerance with my "international English"

Hope this help

PS : I do not pretend to teach how far to correct (as I know correction always distorsion) but try to show the method
PPS : Sorry for the french in this file made for my own profit

Attachments

• calculate phase Eq with REW-RePhase and implement it in Foobar.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 429
Last edited:

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
Hello Patrick,

I haven't found the Phase correction in the MathAudio Room Eq for Foobar
Thus, I tried to introduce a convolution filter in Foobar (via convolver plug-in).
Not that difficult ( if I was able to do it)
It works fine, if not perfect.
You need
REW (and a calibrated microphone) for the measurement,
RePhase to calculate the Impulse Wav
the Foobar Plug-In Convolver to introduce this in your musical path

Written in French but I'm sure most of you can understand it... If not I may try to translate (but will ask for tolerance with my "international English"

Hope this help

PS : I do not pretend to teach how far to correct (as I know correction always distorsion) but try to show the method
PPS : Sorry for the french in this file made for my own profit
I only use Mathaudio for headphone corrections, i see no need to correct room frequency, happy with how my speakers sound ;)

tades

I should probably have mentioned that I made previously a "geographic" alignment of my Loud speakers thru my Behringer DCX 2496 filters.
Quite a big one to be honest: I'm not sure if RePhase could have fixed it

vavan

it would be nice to see thorough step by step guide to rew+rephase

tades

A lot of tuto are already available on Rephase.org official site
From the french "official tuto" (by pda0 and Bear), the document I proposed highlighted significant phases for those already familiar with RAW and completed with the introduction in Fb2k

Full tuto:
http://forum-hifi.fr/attachment.php?aid=354
a translation in english is also available on RePhase.org

or
http://smf.petoindominique.fr/index.php?topic=3613.0

shorter one : by pda0 alone :
http://forum-hifi.fr/thread-1157-post-32656.html#pid32656

Last edited:

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@tades
You need to be registered on forum-hifi and maybe even recommended to reach the jpgs ?

Ronin

APO Equalizer is free and works well. UI gets the job done, nothing fancy. Tried Peace with it never sounded correct with Peace, in fact it was downright horrible. So I uninstalled Peace and everything is back to being good.

Ongii

Hello! I tried to manage Headphone EQ MathAudio plugin directly in foobar, but is simply doesn't activate.
Is it because I use an ASIO output device?

Alex-D

Hello! I tried to manage Headphone EQ MathAudio plugin directly in foobar, but is simply doesn't activate.
Is it because I use an ASIO output device?
No issues using it with WASAPI

Can you attach a screenshot of MathAudio config? I remember it being a bit finicky in measure/process/bypass settings

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh yeah, Equalizer APO is excellent as well... and it’s FREE! A bit clunky interface and looks like last year’s model, but I’m always happy that such alternatives exist.
I use that one too, works great.

Philbo King

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This has links to a youtube video tutorial. It's is pretty comprehensive, maybe too much so.

When I did it (for nearfield studio work, so, a very narrow sweet spot) I skipped a step: Vector measurements and Phase correction - my measured group delay was basically flat for my system.

If EQing a larger listening area, I suggest getting the average response of a larger area and maybe restricting corrections to those below 500 Hz (2 foot wavelength) or whatever the Schroeder frequency for your room is. This is because you can't effectively correct for room peaks and nulls over a large area with stereo speakers by using an averaged measurement for each speaker. (Surround speakers are somewhat easer in this regard since they are multipoint sound sources).
More info on Schroeder freq:

Link to the discussion and techniques used by Brancato:

This is just one guys work with it. He experimented with it and refined for 18 months. There are dozens of similar videos on Youtube. Caveat emptor, pick your poison... :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom