• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Over ear bluetooth headphones

Alb_listens

Hello guys,
I am looking for a over ear headphone and I don't know where to look.
In the reviews section I saw the Bose, which seems to be what I am looking for, but I wonder if there are alternatives in the 200€ area.

I need it to perform well in music (of course) and noise cancelling.

Do you have suggestions? Thanks!

MacCali

Major Contributor
Hello guys,
I am looking for a over ear headphone and I don't know where to look.
In the reviews section I saw the Bose, which seems to be what I am looking for, but I wonder if there are alternatives in the 200€ area.

I need it to perform well in music (of course) and noise cancelling.

Do you have suggestions? Thanks!
Depends what you are seeking and what you consider well. Unfortunately if audio quality is what you seek typically I have notice noise cancellation headphone manufacturers sometimes greatly hinder the performance.

I purchased a few headphones back in 2021, and the only ones that passed my presentation performance was the M&D MW65. If you find one used or new old stock I would buy it. They do have the MW75 now, but no idea how it performs. This headphone sounds best with ANC on, but it’s ANC performance is probably half Sonys.

Second, and more in your price category is the Beyerdynamic Lagoon/Traveler. Both are the same headphones sonically. The only negative is you must turn ANC off to get quality audio. I think being closed back design would typically mitigate surrounding noise, but it’s not perfect.

I bought a total of 7 BT headphones at the time to fill my audiophile craze on the go. Everything else was horrible when it came to sonic performance to my ears.

Also my foundation was to find the headphones which sound as close to wired headphones as possible, in case you were wondering. Nothing else mattered.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Definitely try things. Ideally you can access Amazon where returns are possible. I have been, up until recently, really using Bluetooth headphones, and headphones in general.

What appeals to us can be surprisingly quite different. I found the two M&D headphones I tried dreadful, lacking dynamics. One of them was Bluetooth. So here already you have one member who loves their sound signature, and one who finds it a total miss. That is why you need to try for yourself.

I have read many good things about the Bose and about the Shure Aonic (I think that is the name). I would also be interested in trying the Beyerdynamic as I typically can enjoy their sound signature.

Personally I tend to defeat noise cancellation as I listened loud enough that it really wasn't required, but if NC is important to you, Sony and Bose clearly dominate that aspect.

Top Bottom