• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

OpenAI ChatGPT has some interesting insights about audio

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder what Bing AI Chat would have to say about him :cool: (Given Bing's propensity to threaten users, lie, behave aggressively, and act downright creepy).
What is the word I am looking for those who try to answer your question based on what they think you want to hear (as an answer)?
I wonder how much differently a ChatBot would answer the question which was spun around to ask Musk's positive (rather than 'negative') characteristics?
I wonder how much the ChatBots' answer is swayed by knowing that one or the other trait (+/-) is more likely to be oft-repeated?
I am guessing the negative comments discussed in the web must outweigh the positive ones.:oops:

henry02

Source-
  1. Clearly state your request: Start your message with a clear and specific statement of what you want. Providing a concise prompt helps guide ChatGPT in understanding your intention and generating a relevant response.
  2. Experiment with system messages: You can use a system message to gently instruct or guide ChatGPT's behavior. A well-crafted system message can influence the tone, style, or context of the conversation. Try iterating and refining your system message to achieve the desired conversational outcome.

Oristo

AI, open or otherwise, has no insights, interesting or otherwise.
It merely filters ("learns") patterns from available information and/or misinformation.
It cannot sort correlation from causation.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
AI, open or otherwise, has no insights, interesting or otherwise.
It merely filters ("learns") patterns from available information and/or misinformation.
It cannot sort correlation from causation.
But it's on the internet. It must be true!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I recall in the mid-70s, when someone asked you what the source of your facts came from:
Saying "I read it!" did not have the same impact as saying "I saw it on JohnyCarson!" or "I heard it on TV!"
Later, it became more believable if you replied with "I got it from internet!"
Next, you could act authoritative by saying "I did a GoogleSearch!"
Then, followed by the excuse that "It was on TED talks!" or that "It was on youtube"!
I am guessing anyone can get a better education [no matter how 'adultrated'] from ChatBots, if one was inquisitive enough.
Not even computer and/or social skills are really required.:facepalm:

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Reviving this thread. This audiophile LEGO set would be nice for Xmas :)

DALL·E 2023-12-12 14.21.31 - A Lego set in a box showcasing an audiophile listening to a very ...png

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Good catch. They hit all the cliches nicely.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I bet they asked ChatGPT about high fidelity!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I can tell
Reviving this thread. This audiophile LEGO set would be nice for Xmas :)
Audiophiles/experts can easily tell that system has been... errrrrr..... PhotoShop'd:
There is no LP/disc cleaner!:oops:

OT: I wonder how many members are still inquisitive of what they can do with AI/ChatBots! meh... I am not one of them.
I resisted the urge to buy into the whole drone-toys fad, simply because I knew my fancy would soon wither and I'd put it away for good, after the initial courtship was over.
Similarly, I can barely understand human behavior and trying to make sense of AI/ChatBots peculiarities is way above my pay-scale. :confused:

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't see any LEGO tubes, though(?).

PS Why does the LEGO hominid have headphones on?
Because audiophile cliches are like Pokemon: gotta catch 'em all!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom