• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

On Topping DX3 Pro+ - Is there a knob that I could connect volume changes? Issue using Windows Volume Macros on DAW.

Fraxo

I'm using my Topping DX Pro+ connected to a Focusrite 18i8 via COAX) for speakers and IEMs, but they're located far from my hands.
When I use Focusrite USB ASIO Drivers with my DAW, my windows' keyboard macros for volume controls STOP WORKING so even macros don't do anything.
So with my current setup - is there any device that could be placed next to me and control the topping's volume without altering the sound quality?
Using Topping's included remote is not a good option, as I need constant changing since it's used in dynamic work.

Thanks in advance!

1676728527761.png
Screenshot 2023-02-16 092053.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-16 092053.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-16 092053.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 40

staticV3

Master Contributor
So with my current setup - is there any device that could be placed next to me and control the topping's volume without altering the sound quality?
No, not with your current setup.
If you plug the DX3Pro+ directly into your PC via USB, then the keyboard macros should continue working, and you could buy a USB volume knob to send volume commands to the Topping that way.

Alternatively, search for an interface that has UAC2 hardware volume, digital out, and whose digital out volume can be controlled via UAC2.
That way, even if you use ASIO drivers, the volume macros will continue working.

rationaltime

I'm using my Topping DX Pro+ connected to a Focusrite 18i8 via COAX) for speakers and IEMs, but they're located far from my hands.
When I use Focusrite USB ASIO Drivers with my DAW, my windows' keyboard macros for volume controls STOP WORKING so even macros don't do anything.
Using Topping's included remote is not a good option, as I need constant changing since it's used in dynamic work.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 265549View attachment 265553
Hello,

The Focusrite 18i8 contains both A to D s and D to A s.
For our education please will you explain how you use the Dx3 Pro+ ?
Maybe draw a block diagram.

On my computer the audio interface routes the audio signal to a USB port
instead of the internal sound card and it recognizes the external DAC. The
computer volume control works functionally in series with the DAW volume
control and the volume control on the DAC. I do not record with this setup.
I only edit and play back. Is your setup much different from this?

Thanks,
rationaltime

Last edited:
Top Bottom